“Octopus Salad and Creme Brulee”

Dundee's At The Cairns Aquarium
Ranked #15 of 778 Restaurants in Cairns
Price range: AU$13 - AU$46
Description: Welcome to Australia’s most extraordinary dining experience, where the rich Flavours of Australia come alive, with a 70,000-litre saltwater marine aquarium as your dining backdrop. Well-known for its scrumptious seafood, steak, and pasta dishes, Dundee’s at the Cairns Aquarium provides a contemporary and innovative dining choice for those looking for a romantic dining experience, a venue for your next event or to celebrate a special occasion. Complimenting the incredible sea life inside the Aquarium is our delicious food & wine served up by Executive Chef James Wort. Cocktail events. Sit down functions Gala Dinners. Seafood restaurant Cairns. Fine dining Cairns. Christmas lunch Cairns. As Cairns' premier seafood restaurant and exceptional dining destination, we invite you to book your table today and enjoy an unforgettable dining adventure.
Reviewed 4 February 2024

I was looking for a light supper. Dundee was conveniently close so I went in. They had a lot of reservations but made a table available for me. The popular tables are next to the floor to ceiling tank with tropical fish. As I just finished a scuba trip, I felt no need to get close, though I appreciate the species in the tank. I asked the waitress if she recommended the octopus salad. She did. It was delicious with micro greens, feta cheese, olives, and caramelized onions. The small octopus were tender without being mushy. I found the salad the right proportion for a dinner salad and went well with the pale ale on tap. I wanted dessert and tried the passion fruit creme brulee. I would have liked a little more of the fruit flavor but the creme was velvety and the crust on top was perfect. I paid Aus$54 for the meal. I could have gone elsewhere for a less expensive meal, but I would not have had this quality.

Date of visit: February 2024
1  Thank Edward Q

Reviewed 2 February 2024

Spent a week in Cairns, had lunch at Dundee's twice... I ordered the kangaroo and also had the pork belly. Delicious food and good, prompt service.

Date of visit: January 2024
1  Thank Carolina T
Reviewed 12 January 2024

We were in at the aquarium and thought we would go in for lunch. We turned up on announced. However, the hosts were more than accommodating for a family of five, they moved around a couple of tables and chairs on the outside area, which was brilliant. Even though the restaurant was at capacity, the still found the time to accommodate us. Great service, food was fresh, lots of flavours. We didn't even have to wait long, great selections of cocktails, waitress very knowledgeable and very friendly and I liked that the Bar staff brought the drinks and explained in detail also very friendly. Overall experience for a family highly recommended and we will certainly be back again next trip.

Date of visit: December 2023
1  Thank irishdave12023
Reviewed 11 January 2024

Dundee's at the Cairns Aquarium was the best restaurant we went to in Cairns. Great service, great drink, great food and great atmosphere. When making your booking, ask for a table near the aquarium.

Date of visit: January 2024
Reviewed 5 January 2024 via mobile

Our visit to the Dundee Aquarium fell short of expectations, despite its glowing recommendations. While the menu offered a diverse selection and the food itself was satisfying, the overall experience was marred by painfully slow and disorganized service. When the dishes finally made their appearance, they were all served simultaneously, leaving us to decipher the jumble on the table. The potential for a delightful dining experience was hindered by this lackluster attention to service details.