See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 May 2015

What more can you want - a home away from home. Clean - friendly and every convenience a traveller can dream of. I was astounded by the array of cooking facilities and ambiance. Sue has a great eye for detail and completely approachable.
Sue thank you so much
Vanessa

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2015

We rented the larger of the 2 studios for a week and it suited us down to the ground. It comfortably accommodated our family of four in a queen and 2 single beds. Sue has decorated the place nicely in a French Country style, it is obviously well maintained and was very clean, the semi-outdoors kitchen was really well equipped and there is an outdoor area with seating as well as a BBQ. There is also a washing machine and clothes line. The whole area is enclosed with picket gates so no-one can run off…I should mention the pool as it was used a lot by my family, 4 times a day somedays and we had it all to ourselves, sun lounges and boogie boards were all thoughtfully supplied by Sue as well as towels and towel racks. We thought the Studio was really great value for money. The studio is located in Brinsmead, a suburb of Cairns and we found it to be a great base - it's a short drive to the airport or into the centre of Cairns or out to the beaches and it is very close to our favourite place for the holiday: the brand new Australian Armour and Artillery Museum!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2015

We stayed at Brinsmead over Christmas with our 2 dogs, and it was just perfect.
Sue is an amazing host, she immediately makes you feel relaxed and welcome. She had left Christmas goodies in the fridge and some Christmas teacups to get us in the festive mood. She even left a birthday card for my husband on the morning of his big day. Sue was never far away when you needed something but never in your space either.
The apartments are adorable "shabby chic" with gorgeous details and personal touches, they were airy and cool (we never used the air conditioning!) and very private. I enjoyed swimming in the private pool every morning and relaxing on the porch with a book and a pot of tea.
The dogs were no problem with plenty of fenced and unfenced places to run (they even got to meet their first chickens!). There is also a brilliant park just down the road called Goomboora where the puppies got to splash in the creek and meet lots of other friendly pooches.
There are full amenities, though note there is cable internet but no wifi.
We absolutely loved it and will be staying here every time we visit Cairns, with or without the dogs. Get yourself off the tacky tourist strip and have a real retreat!!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2014

We rented both studios and it was brilliant for our two families. Sue was a wonderful host and everything you could possibly need was provided with special treats there when we arrived. Beds are very comfortable with lovely linen and towels. The pool proved to be very popular and it's not far to the CBD and airport but away from the hustle and bustle. I'd certainly recommend staying here with Sue as your host.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2014

Where to start? I can't rate this highly enough. I stayed in Studio 2 with my dog and had the most wonderful few days. Sue is a generous and lovely host; homebaked treats in the fridge and left on the veranda as I napped my first day away! The studio has a wonderful kitchen and has been decorated in a very unique/kitschy style that I really enjoyed. There's a lovely pool and an enclosure that my dog (Sue even provided a cushion for him) loved while I went shopping. It's a real home away from home; if you're looking for a Cairns base where you and your four legged friend will be welcome and comfortable then look no further.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo