Open today: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Ways to Experience Seastar Cruises Reef Day Trips
from USD 164.61
More Info
2,869 results
All reviews michaelmas cay fish glass bottom boat both locations smaller boat small group awesome crew these guys food was great diving experience hastings reef board safety passengers dive boats
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Having been recommended SeaStar by family living in Cairns the day was all we'd hoped it to be.
My 12yo daughter and I wanted our first ever scuba experience, leaving my wife, mother and her husband to snorkel the reef. The team were absolutely fantastic in every way, from first checking us in to dealing with the need for (very minor) first aid, to seeing us off at the end.
Too hard to single out crew (even though we do at the end), but here goes:
Captain Jason - thank you for getting us there and back in one piece, so very clearly in control.
No 1 Ben - I'm glad my being poorly after swallowing a gallon of seawater gave you so much entertainment (even if I was nearly eaten by a SeaBass), but thanks for making the day so smooth.
Dive Master Archie - very friendly and helpful
Dive Master Trainee Alba - thank you for helping when Connie was a bit poorly and getting her a tablet
Dive Master Trainee Harvey - So enthusiastic and helpful, and looked after Fiona during the snorkeling. You really know your sfuff!
Jasmine (off duty but joining in) - great to meet you and dive with you. I think if you weren't tagging along it would have been harder for Sven to give Connie so much attention underwater, and you pointed out the Moray eel which was amazing!
Last but not least Dive Master Sven - he took Connie and I on two dives, and could not have been more professional. He seemed to give Connie his undivided attention, yet I felt perfectly looked after too (lots of 'OK' checks). You made the day for Connie and I Sven - thank you :)

Reviewed 18 August 2018

I did a lot of research on companies offering Great Barrier Reef snorkeling tours before I settled on Seastar and I do not regret my choice. I did not want one of the large boats or to be taken only to a platform. At 36 people, Seastar was the perfect size and I loved the fact that we were able to visit 2 different spots (Hastings Reef being my favorite). My son and husband decided they wanted to do an intro dive once we checked in and it was easy to add. The crew was great (Sven, Miriam, Jason, Javier, Sarah, Ashley) and my family and I really enjoyed ourselves. We have done a lot of snorkeling around the world and this ranks up there.

2  Thank 1ndrtwn
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Great day out with an awesome crew! The snorkelling was fantastic, especially the second stop at Hastings reef. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

This is an amazing day and I can't recommend enough. The small group size is ideal for exploring the barrier reef. All the crew were professional, friendly and passionate about the reef. The day was ideally paced with two snorkeling locations and a truly memorable experience. Thank you Seastar.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Great for novice or experienced snorkel experience. Good quality equipment and knowledgable guides. They allow plenty of time to see beautiful reefs.