Open today: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Book In Advance
Tours from Seastar Cruises Reef Day Trips tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

2,286 results
All reviews michaelmas cay sea star fish glass bottom boat their facebook page both locations small group smaller boat noodles snorkel tour second stop stinger suits personal attention giant clams life ring tea coffee underwater camera
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We booked seastar cruises for our reef day trip after looking at trip advisor reviews. And they did not disappoint! The Seastar 1 has adequate space for everyone on board (max 35 people). Splendid food was served as well - Morning tea with muffins, lunch with plenty of vegetarian options and afternoon tea with choice of cakes and fruits. The equipment is nice and doesn't seem old. The crew is great - especially Fraser the dive master, who made my first ever dive so easy! Worth the price. Highly Recommended!!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Booked a scuba trip as my last day in Australia, was recommended Seastar from my hotel, very glad this was the trip I was on. Great crew, Great divemaster Ellen, I hadn't dived for a few years so was very happy with Ellen taking time for the refresher. The thing that made me especially glad when I got back to port was seeing some of the other boats, I can't imagine how many people they fit on the others. Thanks for a great trip!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Choosing a tour from the many offered posed a challenge. Seastar was recommended by our hotel and did not disappoint. Great boat, friendly knowledgeable crew and excellent food offerings. Chance to snorkel at two locations (outer and middle reef) enhanced the experience immensely. We would highly recommend this tour. It was a great way to start our Australia vacation! Thanks again to the crew for making it so enjoyable :)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

There are heaps of tours to the reef in Cairns you can pick and choose until the cows come home and still be confused...so I'll break it down, what I wanted out of a reef tour.
!/. Minimum numbers on the cruise..100 tops
2/. An operator who knows the area you are going too well
3/. Good explanation of the natural habitat
4/. Good safety
5/. Nice food
6/. Well inclusive tour
7/.Happy atmostphere

Seastar has this, they are not one of cheapest cruise out there, but they are one of the best.

On the cruise we had a marine biologist, who came out with the snorkelers and explained the types of reefs we were going to. She explained the types of fish that would be at the reef and how to approach them without touching them.

On the way home, the crew undertook a mock "Man Overboard Rescue", which was needed for their accredition, but involved all the guests. The things you learn at sea, it isn't easy trying to find people in the water, especially with high waves.
Their safety briefings to the guests were first class, easy explained to understand.
They go to the reef areas on the out limits, but arrive there before the crowds and move onto the next area before the crowds catch on.
A great dog out...we'll be back again.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Our time in Cairns was limited to a two day window. When I contacted Seastar to set up a trip with them months in advance I was informed the boat would be having annual maintenance done during the time we were there. They did however recommend one of their 'competitors' as an alternative so we booked with them instead.

Although we were not able to visit the GBF aboard Seastar, we did have a wonderful day anyway, and would like to thank Seastar for the referral.