Open today: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Book In Advance
Tours from Seastar Cruises Reef Day Trips tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

2,289 results
All reviews michaelmas cay sea star fish glass bottom boat their facebook page both locations small group smaller boat noodles snorkel tour second stop stinger suits personal attention giant clams life ring tea coffee underwater camera
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The staff at Seastar are amazing! Not only are they knowledgeable but so helpful and friendly. The staff brief you on safety and gave us signals to use when we are in the water which made me feel comfortable. They were attentive to those who felt seasick and I believe they have the pills that you can take. They also had muffins and coffee/tea ready for us. There are noodles, life vests, full foot fins, masks, snorkels, and stinger suits (which we needed) all on the boat and they are so organized with this. The first stop was Michaelmas Cay and it had been raining and windy the day before so the water was a little murky (which they warned us about) but you can still see plenty of the reef, fish, and we even saw a turtle! The girl who went out with our group did a great job telling us about the reef and the different types of animals in the water. Then lunch time was on the boat and surprisingly the food was good! It wasn't just boring sandwiches but instead they had chicken wings, pasta, potatoes, bread, fruits, vegetables, and different types of meats. Lunch wouldn't have ruined the experience but when you spend all day swimming you want something good to eat which they had. After lunch we went to Hastings Reef and the water was much clearer there. At this reef you can see how deep some of the trenches can get and we saw another turtle here, too. They also have a glass bottom boat which my husband and I didn't do because we wanted to be in the water as much as possible. The cruise allowed a ton of time at both Michaelmas Cay and Hastings Reef which was fantastic! I would definitely recommend Seastar to anyone because they are a great company to go with.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have never been on a dive boat that was so friendly and attentive to safety - This truly is a great experience if you just want to snorkel or if you are an experienced diver.

I did 2 dives on the Hasting Reef and it is amazing. Lots of stuff to see and the DM (Froy) was a great guide!

The boat has a capacity of 35 which is super nice - not crowded at all.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

The weather was perfect but so was the staff of Seastar. They are well organized, have a great boat, only 36 passengers and plenty of room. We stopped at two places for snorkeling and diving, one in the middle of the reef and the other one out towards the end of the Great Barrier Reef. The coral was just amazing as we're the fish. I tried a supervised PADI dive at both locations and am so glad I did. The instructions are clear and safety is their #1 concern. You can get so close to the varying types of coral and fish this way. Lunch was pleasant, and we had coffee, tea and missions upon arrival as well as fruit, cakes and coffee and tea again in the afternoon. If you are planning a trip to Cairns, this is the one day long reef trip you MUST take.

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Just did our snorkelling n diving yesterday, 20th jan 2014 with these guys... I will not shy saying, awesome people, awesome cruise n best experience we have had!

The divers n the crew were really helpful people. The information they provided was so good n seriously ever ready to help you especially when you don't know how to swim!

I would recommend them anytime. Because I cannot dive yet I wasn't able to but I did snorkelling I am surely going to return for diving n it's def going to be with them only!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

First, we are in our early 70's and have always relied on Trip Advisor to lead the way for our adventures thru-out the world. They did it again, spot on. From our communcation with SeaStar months in advance of our arrival, to the marvelous day on the reef. Our weather was just beautiful and the sea calm as glass. The boat was able to allow the guests to dive or snorkel on the "wild side" of Hastings Reef. The food was fresh and abundant and plenty of it. The equipment was top quality. My husband and I snorkeled for two hours at each locations. We enjoyed all the different types of coral and the size of the clams was amazing. Missed the viewing of large quantities of fish but the coral made up for it. We were so pleased and surprised to have Vinnie a Dive Master and Marine Biologist on board. he guidied the snorkel tours for guests. Quite the character, he is chomping on my TA lugguge tag in the picture.
This was the perfect way for us to start our month long journey "down under".
Thanks go to all of you!
Anthony - Skipper