Open today: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Book In Advance
Tours from Seastar Cruises Reef Day Trips tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

2,286 results
All reviews michaelmas cay sea star fish glass bottom boat their facebook page both locations small group smaller boat noodles snorkel tour second stop stinger suits personal attention giant clams life ring tea coffee underwater camera
Reviewed 10 October 2013

You guys are awesome! Great crew, Great boat, Great GBR. Everything was just great and perfect!! Small boat and small group which means you get personal attention, The crew went out of the way to help the non swimmers!! Highly recommend them!!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

After reading many reviews on various trips to GBR we decided on Seastar and were so totally glad we went with them. The crew were friendly and helpful, equipment great (good quality masks, snorkels, fins and wetsuits) and the small boat capacity meant a friendly day without feeling crowded. We visited the inner reef off the small cay and the outer Hastings reef. There was a guided snorkel or dive tour at both sites as well as on the boat briefings and education about reef life. There was plenty of time to explore and we didn't feel rushed. If possible book on a day with low winds (less than 10 knots) and with previous calm days, then the journey is nicer and the reef clear. We booked about 7 days in advance and got to pick the best day in the week - so good we went to the other side of Hastings reef that only the smaller boats can get to on some days of the year.
As mentioned the boat is the first at the cay so you get it to yourself. The fish and coral were totally amazing with brilliant colours and teeming with life.
Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience we will never forget and having the Facebook photos are the icing on the cake for great memories.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Definitely would recommend. Excellent staff members, clean and comfortable boat. We were with two kids and all of us enjoyed the day in waters, on boat. Very interesting and well organized cruise.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This privately run tour business is staffed by a young, energetic, friendly and knowledgable crew. A big shout out to Anthony, Dave, Jelle, Molly & Froya. From the moment on board our well organised crew looked after us. We went to two reefs. On each visit the crew dove or snorkelled with us. This gave us a tour of the reef and we were shown things that we other wise may have missed. The water is quite deep and their presence also added to our safety.

This vessel has a smaller passenger limit and has a community feel among the passengers and crew. Lunch was delicious and abundant, as was afternoon tea.

Throughout the day the SeaStar crew did not waiver in their attention, friendliness and service. We were individually thanked as we disembarked the vessel. This was a very nice ending to a perfect day. If you are going to see the Great Barrier Reef look no further than the SEASTAR.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

What an amazing day I had with Seastar Cruises! As I was planning my trip to Cairns, it had been a hard task to find out a company to take my sister and me to an enjoyable day trip from Cairns to the GBR. And when I decided to go with Seastar, I'm sure I took the right decision. The crew is awesome, helpful and responsible. Moreover, the sights of the GBR they take their guests are one of the most beautiful things I've seen in my life. It is as being in a huge aquarium all the time, with the color of the corals and the fishes. Moreover, with few people in the boat, it's get easier to make friends from all over the word. I would hardly recommend it.