Open today: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Book In Advance
Tours from Seastar Cruises Reef Day Trips tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

2,286 results
All reviews michaelmas cay sea star fish glass bottom boat their facebook page both locations small group smaller boat noodles snorkel tour second stop stinger suits personal attention giant clams life ring tea coffee underwater camera
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We had booked an introductory dive with Sea Star. We got sea sick, and could not complete the dive. But, we did snorkel, and got lucky as we snorkeled the outer reef during low tide. This helped us see a lot of coral formations from very close. In fact, if anything, we had to be careful to not hit / touch the corals.

GBR review:
Amazing, simply amazing. We had taken a guided snorkel tour, as with our falling energy levels, we weren't feeling too confident of snorkeling by ourselves in the ocean. But it was amazing. The tour guide gave us a good 45-60 min tour, covering a good amount of area, and showing us some amazing coral formations. We even saw a couple of coral wall formations from very close. Even the earlier stop at Michaelmas Cay was very good, and we had a great time in the water.

Absolutely worth it.

Sea Star review:
The best parts about Sea-star are the small group size, which allows them to give attention to everyone and doesn't make you feel lost. The staff are very helpful, and continuously tendered to me and my wife - both of us had been sea sick throughout the day. They even agreed to refund the scuba dive charges, since we had booked beforehand but were in no position to dive on the day.

Also, the charges already include all the equipment, plus guided snorkel tours at both locations and also the glass bottom boat tour. The glass bottom is a bit of a let down after all the in-water action, but I am not sure it is Seastar specific.

Would highly recommend to anyone who wants to visit the GBR.

2  Thank MeetCK
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Booked onto this trip after the reviews I read on here, I was so glad I chose sea star. The whole day went fantastic. From getting on to the boat, where you are welcomed by friendly staff and lovely muffins, to stopping at the 1st reef and seeing a harmless shark. The lunch was lovely, plenty of food for everyone. The second reef was even better than the 1st, more fish and brighter corals. I decided to scuba dive at the 1st site which was absolutely amazing, my instructor Andy was so good, made us feel safe at all times and showed us some fab things at the bottom. After the second reef we were given a great choice of mini cakes (choc was delicious). A brilliant touch at the end was getting a certificate and round of applause for completing my 1st scuba dive. All in all, the day was great and the small number of people on the boat mean't we were looked after unbelievably well, Andy, pedro and the team were great fun. Would highly recommend this trip.

1  Thank TRIPMCFC
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Has the most fantastic time ever on the Seastar. Everyone was friendly and very helpful. Will definatly do it again.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

There is a reason this tour is so highly rated. A great experience with the staff and crew on the boat. Great family run business that pays attention to detail and provides what they promise. We booked this tour based upon Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. It was like swimming in an aquarium!

Reviewed 13 December 2012

Me and my wife were on our honeymoon and we had to visit the reef. We found this company here on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed.

The crew was fun, energetic and we all had a good time.

They take you to 2 different reefs for snorkeling and show you around a bit then let you venture off on your own.

I decided to do 2 introductory dives on this trip as well. It was quite an experience! We saw lots of great fishes and also got to see a small shark!

I HIGHLY recommend Seastar cruises to anyone wanting to experience the Great Barrier Reef!!

1  Thank cheesemonkey42