“A lot of waiting.. ”

and up
Reef and Rainforest Tandem Sky Dive in Cairns
Ranked #43 of 145 Outdoor Activities in Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Barrier Reef, the lush tropical rainforest and the Cairns city skyline provide the most spectacular backdrop for this awesome Tandem Skydive option. Skydive Cairns (part of Skydive Australia) provide FREE return transfers from all Cairns accommodation and full training and instruction from their highly experienced professional team of tandem skydive instructors.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We came to the premises on time, and had to wait for a long time until anything happened. It's a bit of a tourist factory, didn't get any information about when we would be able to start the skydiving either.

Wouldn't go back! Too much waiting

SkydiveAustraliaCrew, Public Relations Manager at Skydive Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review, we hope you enjoyed the actual skydive and those incredible views.

Unfortunately the nature of our business means we are very dependent on a number of factors, which may cause delays at times. We hope that you understand safety is our priority and we will never rush through the process if it risks an unsafe experience.

We pride ourselves on delivering a high level of customer service with exceptional communication, so are disappointed to hear the recount of your experience regarding lack of information, we will be following up with all staff involved.

Blue Skies,

"adrenaline rush"
in 4 reviews
"bucket list item"
in 4 reviews
"felt safe at all times"
"great instructor"
in 7 reviews
"super fun"
"weather conditions"

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The views on this dive are incredible! Definitely worth it to do 14,000 ft. Brant was great fun and we managed to free fall through a rainbow. The other great thing about this company is they are all over Australia. This means they are streamlined and flexible!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Just completed a tandem skydive with Skydive Cairns. The team got me booked in quickly after initially being cancelled in Mission Beach due to weather. Loved every minute of the skydive and had a great instructor Jono. Thanks for an unforgettable experience Jono - best thing I've ever done. Mark

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Best experience of my life! Great for first time skydivers. Pick-up arrived early at our hotel. The instructors were great and everyone was super friendly. The picture and video package was worth the extra money and the photos came out great. Will 100% do again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I did my first ever tandem skydive and all I can say is it is an absolute must. I booked it initially on a whim, in Brisbane but due to weather conditions had to reschedule to when I arrived in cairns and to be honest probably the best thing. Weather was fantastic perfect for that life changing event!!! The guys at the centre were well aware of the nerves and were completely brilliant at reassuring and just making sure you had fun with it even if you were bricking it big time!!! Max my instructor was brilliant and the banter between all the instructors was very amusing which made you feel a lot more at ease with the thought of plummeting god only knows how many ft to the ground.
It was by far the craziest but most amazing thing I have ever done and would totally recommend anyone thinking of doing it
JUST DO IT!! Would I jump again now there is another story.......

1  Thank Erica B