“No atmosphere, poor service but good food”
Review of The Hanuman Restaurant - CLOSED

The Hanuman Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Thai
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Situated inside the Hilton Cairns Hotel and overlooking the Trinity Inlet, Hanuman Cairns is the latest addition to the Hanuman stable.Gently undulating panels cast curves of light and shade across the restaurant's entrance, creating an exotic and luxuriant mood. The rich, dark tones in the furnishings combine with intriguing artworks and ceramics that Jimmy has collected throughout south-east Asia.A visit to Hanuman Cairns will tantalise all the senses before wowing the taste buds as only Hanuman can.
Cairns
“No atmosphere, poor service but good food”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Being from Darwin where the Hanuman is brilliant we were very disappointed. Located in the lobby of the hotel this place has no atmosphere. We waited over an hour for our food - they 'forgot' our order. The food however was good.

• Visited November 2011

• Thai first
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service in Cairns”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Simply put, after three visits I can honestly say that I would never return. The service is terrible and I would advise anyone not to bother with this establishment.

Cairns, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic - authentic”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

my hubbie invited me to an perfect, lovely and yummie dinner in the hanuman restaurant inside of the cairns Hilton hotel.

we had different kinds of curry dishes (my favorite was the green jungle curry) - but the others was also pretty yummie. the quality of the meat was great - nothing to chew on like in other asian restaurants. and the prices were moderat. winemenu good be a bit better - but stil better than average.

• Visited November 2011
“Having a place in Hilton hotel , not worth it definitely wouldn't recommend to any 1”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Just for my recent visit to cairns I was raving about hanuman after getting very good feed back abt hanuman frm my friends so I had very high expectation for tht night but trust me it's not worth visiting tht restaurant, visiting night markets on esplanade was way better than hanuman
Went there on Sunday night half full restaurant but very poor service n disgraceful food. Order a chicken tht says frm tandoor but it was deep fried , chicken masala had no flavors, butter chicken was just sweet with no flavors and list goes on n on ......
Spoke to I think the manager and he was nice and attentive so tht was good
I hv my own restaurant n I can tell tht food wasn't up to mark tht u wld expect frm a restaurant in Hilton

Cairns, Australia
“Lovely place , great food and service”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Had a meal here recently, stff attentive , food excellent , well worth a visit