Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ellen
North Carolina

Highly recommended

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Mar 2024
This is a really beautiful hotel - they have several really nice pools, as well as great balcony rooms. Very nice breakfast buffet. It's located right in the middle of downtown Cairns and it's really close to the beach. I would definitely stay here again.
Date of stay: February 2024
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 22 Mar 2024
Dear Wanderer047832235040

Thank you for taking your time to leave this wonderful review surrounding you recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and your time in Cairns and I hope we see you soon again when its time for another escape to the tropics!

Looking forward welcoming you back soon,

Fully refundable
    AU$268
    AU$275
1.0 km from Crystalbrook Riley
View more hotels in Cairns
All reviews rooftop bar panoramic sea view room glass tower poolside service pool area beautiful hotel free movies floor to ceiling windows star resort buffet breakfast coral sea mini bar coffee machine beautiful pool king bed stayed for nights cairns esplanade
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 March 2024 via mobile

The Crystalbrook Riley was the perfect location for a 4 day escape with my wife. The resort staff, the pool area and room were all great. We had a very relaxing time. Highly recommend the Riley for a getaway. We are talking about making this an annual trip.

Room tip: Try and get a room on the higher floors.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amar Maglic, Guest Services / Front Office at Crystalbrook Riley, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2024

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for this wonderful review and I'm glad you and your wife had a fantastic stay! I hope the annual trip thing goes ahead and we get the opportunity to play host again later this year

Looking forward welcome you both back soon,

Reviewed 10 March 2024

Great hotel, however, obvious cut backs which was really disappointing.
No hand or face towels in the bathroom. No breakfast room service?!?! What's with that??
Bed was comfortable, room had a lovely view.
Overcharged when I left, then they didn't email an invoice. Try calling them. Good Luck. Goes to VM. Phone is NEVER answered.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Amar Maglic, Guest Services / Front Office at Crystalbrook Riley, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2024

Dear Eurochik,

Thank you, we’ll take that to heart. While we live for the thrill of receiving high marks, we value candid opinions most. Thanks for taking a moment to fill us in on both the highs and lows, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2024

This was my first stay at Riley and I very quickly felt at home. The front desk staff were perhaps the best I have encountered with friendly interactions with all guests. They know Cairns very well and made sure I was really well looked after.

I stayed in a high floor Panoramic room in the "tower" and the views covered the ocean to the cruise terminal with the lagoon in the middle - I loved it. The room and bathroom are both open to the exterior via windows so they feel very bright and fun. The bed was very comfy with a beautiful outlook that allowed me to watch the sunrise each morning.

The Riley has a resort feel and this is reflected by the pool area. There are different pools to suit your mood including a beach area. You can order food and drinks at the pool via a QR code. Pool temperature was 31 degrees (March 2024).

I stayed for 3 nights and ate breakfast in the in-house Paper Crane each morning. This restaurant has a relaxed feel with two buffet options cereals, pastries, fruit, etc plus hot food. I went for the simpler menu option and was very impressed. LOVED the coffees.

The Calypso Club is a bar at the rear of the hotel above the street. I enjoyed the lounges, watching the world go by. The music was interesting and not too loud. There was also a live DJ who played great music for those in the pool. I found myself spending a lot of time chilling in the pool area where previously I would head to the lagoon. (The Riley is about a 7 minute walk to the lagoon/markets). The rooftop bar is on the top floor of the tower. Worth visiting here especially for the sunset.

I'd recommend a tower room - or one facing the pool as the ambiance is delightful.

Room tip: The pool is quieter on the Sunday than the Saturday. Grab 2 pool towels per person as the sun lounge cushions are hot if in the sun.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Simon,

Thank you for this wonderful endorsement and always a pleasure welcome you back to your home away from home! Such a detailed and fantastic feedback.

Looking forward many more memories together!

Reviewed 6 March 2024 via mobile

I was so amazed as to how much the staff made you felt so welcome. I had a little medical issue from being air sick and being from the states it was foreign to me as to how to navigate and where I should go to be seen or checked out.
My wife and went down to reception and we met Sara and she was so very helpful and friendly and told us how to proceed, she checked on me for the next eight days. I can’t say enough how Riley Crystalbrook has made our stay so wonderful it was a complete joy! The room was spotless every day and breakfast was very good!
I want to say Thanx Again and especially to Sara!!!

Room tip: Enjoy the pool, it’s worth checking out.

Dear 783chuckh,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are absolutely delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Crystalbrook Riley - Thrilled to hear that Sara was very helpful - She's such a star and your feedback will be passed on to her.

Our team is committed to delivering five-star service, and it's fantastic to hear that you experienced it during your stay. Your satisfaction is our ultimate goal, and we're thrilled that we met your expectations.

We genuinely appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to the opportunity to host you again for another outstanding experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 18 February 2024 via mobile

The only thing is they advertise they have heated pools but they don’t! False advertising.
The spa isn’t even heated!
No matter what time of year it should be heated to a certain temperature. Last time I was there the pool was too cold and the spa was cold. When we complained they heated the spa on our request.
Please heat the pool.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amar Maglic, Guest Services / Front Office at Crystalbrook Riley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2024

Hi Wilbur2000,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and hope you had a great time in Cairns.

I appreciate the feedback regarding the pools - I apologize that you find the temperature too low. Please rest assured that our pool area is sitting at 28c throughout the year, and the spa pool at 31c. This is in line with council health and safety policy that we are obliged to follow. However I have forwarded your feedback to our engineering team to review.

If you like to discuss this further please feel free to email me directly: amar.maglic@crystalbrookcollection.com

We hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back very soon again,

Warm regards,