2 people are viewing this hotel
No prepayment needed
Priceline
Official Site
AU$302
All reviews rooftop bar panoramic sea view room glass tower poolside service pool area beautiful hotel free movies floor to ceiling windows star resort buffet breakfast coral sea mini bar coffee machine beautiful pool king bed stayed for nights cairns esplanade
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 November 2023 via mobile

A wonderful and luxurious stay at Crystalbrook Riley. Reception staff were most welcoming and informative. The Paper Crane host at breakfast was extremely cheerful and most informative. The room was very well laid out, with a large functional bathroom, a most comfortable bed and was very clean. The room could have done with a second comfy chair. We paid for a sea view room and while we had a sea view, it was on level one and hence could not take full advantage of the view because the trees along the Esplanade obstruct the view. Level one was also quite noisy with very loud techno music playing late afternoon and scrapping noise transmitting from the Paper Crane restaurant below with moving chairs and tables. Definitely ask for a higher room. We didn’t take advantage of the pool area but it looked fantastic with faux beach and even sand on the floor of one pool.

Room tip: Ask for a high sea view room
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amar Maglic, Guest Services / Front Office at Crystalbrook Riley, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2023

Dear Greg,

Thank you for such detailed feedback. What a delight to read. Thank you for your positive words about our incredible staff, I will pass this on to them.

I appreciate the feedback surrounding the music volume level - I will send a reminder to the F&B team to ensure this is kept on a satisfactory level.

Looking forward to your next stay and please let us know about your request for a higher floor on next visit :)

Amar

Reviewed 12 November 2023

I stayed at Crystalbrook Riley whilst attending a Tourism Conference at the Cairns Convention Centre from 8th to 13th October and would highly recommend the hotel. It has an airy contemporary resort feel and is in a great location within easy walking distance of shops, bars and restaurants.
The buffet breakfast offered plenty of choice and the food was good. Outside on the terrace the cheeky birds are entertaining but they will come and steal your food if you leave your breakfast unattended!
Our Twin room was spacious, spotlessly clean and well-designed with everything we could need. A request to Housekeeping was handled politely and efficiently. My bed was so comfortable it was hard to leave! I loved sitting on the balcony watching the planes taking off.
I particularly enjoyed Rocco's with great views and a sophisticated vibe. The friendly serving staff made us feel very welcome.
I appreciated the hotel's approach to sustainability and being able to refill water bottles in the lobby.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you kindly for your review Julie. It sounds like you had a fantastic work week in Cairns and I'm glad we were able to contribute to that..Reading a book whilst sitting on the balcony, overlooking cairns stunning esplanade with a backdrop of planes in the sky is a very special moment. I hope you return to stay with us sometime in the future.

Looking forward welcoming you back to Riley Crystalbrook :)

Reviewed 4 November 2023

We stayed here over night before a connecting flight. Beautiful hotel, friendly staff at reception. The room was very clean and spacious. Nice size balconies. I would recommend this hotel to any one staying in Cairns.

Date of stay: November 2023
1  Thank Amanda L

Thank you kindly for your review Amanda. It sounds like you had a delightful stop-over in Cairns and I'm glad we were able to contribute to that..

I hope next visit will be a well deserved holiday :)

Reviewed 29 October 2023

A superb hotel. Great location. Friendly staff. Rooms nice and quiet. A view from the panoramic window to die for. Lovely pool area.

Would normally highly recommend.

But.

A charge of $100 per night as security/damages bond, I can understand and accept.
What I cannot understand and accept is that though the bond is taken immediately at checkin from your payment card, but we are now still waiting for it 2 weeks later, even though reception staff on checkout stated it should take around 3 days!

So disappointed. Please be aware!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amar Maglic, Guest Services / Front Office at Crystalbrook Riley, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2023

Dear ukdebdow,

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I cannot agree more - How stunning is the view from the panorama view rooms??!

I'm disappointed to hear about the issues faced with the security deposit and that this affected the experience. Please email me directly on amar.maglic@crystalbrookcollection.com to have this solved immediately.

Thank you again and we very much look forward to having the pleasure of playing host to you again at Riley Crystalbrook on your next escape to this epic part of Australia!

Reviewed 20 October 2023

A very good hotel.
Comfortable bed, clean room and pleasant staff.
Good breakfast but didn’t use the restaurant as it was Asian cuisine.
The tower room needed a leaflet on how to use the aircon and Nespresso machine.

Room tip: There is an RSL and a 7 day medical centre nearby.
1  Thank Getaway62227741467
Jaydev Walia, Guest Services / Front Office at Crystalbrook Riley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2023

What a lovely review to receive and we truly thank you for taking a moment to provide us with this wonderful score and fabulous endorsement.

We are delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and we appreciate your kind words on the attentive service extended to you by our colleagues - we will be sure to pass your compliments on to the rest of the team