Review Highlights
Fantastic dive company

My 3 sons (aged 11, 14,15) and I did our open water dive certificates with Pro Dive. We spent 2... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Vanillamiller
Gold Coast, Australia
via mobile
Fabulous open water course

Completed the open water 4 day e-learning 2night live aboard course. The knowledgeable and friendly... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
sharontQ6611DK
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cairns
from USD 141.44
from USD 129.66
from USD 145.37
from USD 168.95
More Info
All reviews liveaboard trip open water the great barrier reef navigation skills days nights food was great great diving flynn reef an amazing experience every meal these guys diving experience great trip outer reef the reefs special mention fish
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

I was on a day trip to the reef. It was a great experience to see the reef up close and the crew was really friendly and helpful with answering all questions about the trip and the reef.
The ship was one of the smaller ones compared to others that leave Cairns for day trips. This was great, as it was a ok number of people aboard and the experience still was a personal one.
We got the chance to snorkel/dive at three spots and all were very interesting and differed from each other.
I did not scuba dive but snorkel and it was amazing and definitely worth the money!
The buffet was big enough for a day at sea and especially the prawns were delicious.

All in all I would recommend this trip to everyone who only has a day for a trip to the reef!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

I took my open water certificate with Pro Dive. It was a great experience. The classes at the school was fine, our instructor, Lucy, was very good at teaching us everything we had to know before our first dives. The videos we were required to watch in class wasn’t too exciting, especially not after a long time in the pool, when you feel a bit exhausted already. But pro dive did provide us with coffee and biscuits, which was nice.
The three days I spend on the boat were incredible. Great instructors, great dives, great food, which was nice, cause diving does take up lots of your energy.
I felt very safe and calm at all times, which I find important when you go diving in a foreign place. Definitely wanna recommend pro dive!!

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

I did the 3day 2night liveaboard trip, and it was amazing! It included 11 dives in total, four on the first two days (2 night dives) and then three on the last day. I can’t hype it up enough!! I’ve dived a fair bit already before, but this is definitely up there as one of my top experiences!!

I’m travelling alone (am 22) and was nervous at first, but the staff were so welcoming and so was everyone else on the trip. Kevin was especially helpful, being our “leader” as such. He talked us through each dive thoroughly, and made sure we were all confident with reading the compass before we headed out in our groups of buddies. I was especially nervous about the night dives, but again Kevin was super encouraging (as was Anna on my second one) and I did manage to do both night dives!!

The food was also amazing!! With such a small kitchen it was unreal what we had! Including cakes/goodies after every dive!!

I would definitely recommend this to all level divers, even if you don’t have a certificate they do training out there and you can get your certificate, and everyone that did was super confident which was amazing to see, and even did some dives unguided at the end as well!!

Will 100% be booking more of these in the future!

1  Thank Daniellaverga
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

My fiancé and I did a three day liveaboard (and for me, my Open Water Diver course) and we LOVED it.

The instructors (both in the centre and onboard) were lovely and really patient with the group, and the crew made the experience fun - especially Taka Taka in the kitchen and Steph our instructor.

We had great diving at all sites and the crew all knew the best places to go - it’s well worth going with experienced guides.

Couldn’t recommend it more.

2  Thank TravellingAl87
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

I was on the boat on the outer reef for 2n/3d with Pro Dive Cairns and it couldn’t be better. We had 11 dives which included 2 nightdives.
We had the best food on the boat and all the crew members were really awesome!
Biggest thanks to Leighton, who made the whole trip even better with his jokes and good mood and the best dive briefings!
Hope I can join again one day :)