Review Highlights
Fantastic dive company

My 3 sons (aged 11, 14,15) and I did our open water dive certificates with Pro Dive. We spent 2... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Vanillamiller
Gold Coast, Australia
via mobile
Fabulous open water course

Completed the open water 4 day e-learning 2night live aboard course. The knowledgeable and friendly... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
sharontQ6611DK
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cairns
from USD 157.75
from USD 130.14
from USD 145.91
from USD 169.58
More Info
All reviews liveaboard trip open water the great barrier reef navigation skills days nights food was great great diving flynn reef an amazing experience every meal these guys diving experience great trip outer reef the reefs special mention fish
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 April 2018

3day/2 night live-aboard. I highly recommend going on a trip like this - amazing diving and great being on a boat for 3 days!

Very efficient and professional operations, end-to-end from pick-up at hotel to delivery back at the hotel.

Fantastic crew: friendly, helpful, skilled and knowledgable. Some tendency of being a "group of friends" on a trip, eating and hanging together away from the guests at night. Found it strange that they didnt mingle and integrate with the guests more, but understood from the crew that it is very individual from trip to trip depending on the group of guests.

Food was surprisingly good! Freshly made by the chef every day, even baked cake several times.

High focus on safety; roll-calls and safety numbers before and after dives and before moving boat to another spot. Also high focus on dive safety, and I did not experience any trouble with the equipment.

I recommend checking the typical seasonal weather before going if you are affraid of a little rough seas. However, we had strong winds and high waves for the whole trip without any issues. The crew will recommend you take sea sickness medication before leaving the harbor - do it! Dont be a hero. If you follow the instructions from the crew you should be able to aviod sea sickness.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

My boyfriend and I went on a 3 day/2 night live-aboard dive trip while completing our advanced open water diver certification. The ride out to the reef was extremely choppy due to the cyclone and they strongly recommended everyone take motion sickness pills. We got to the reef safely and the night stays were fine - it felt like we were sleeping on a water bed. They took our safety seriously which limited our motion around the reefs a bit and cut our last day short by one dive, but I greatly appreciated their concern.
Food was great! We never went hungry and the variety was amazing.
Our dive instructor, Kamila, was fantastic. She was on top of everything and made our experience fun.
This trip also pushed us to dive on our own without a guide and it was a great experience. I was so happy to find a sea turtle and identify fish without them being pointed out to me.
I really enjoyed this trip and recommend ProDive for your future dive trip.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank DLynnfull
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Paid $800 for two days of seasickness while a cyclone stirred things up. To the skipper’s and crew’s credit, I never felt unsafe just incredibly uncomfortable. I understand that conditions weren’t quite bad enough for the company to cancel, but I would have liked to been warned in the shop prior to the trip that the conditions existed. We had, at best, 10 or so meters of visibility on the reef. We ended up making the 3+ hour ride back to the mangroves of Cairns for some shelter on the 2nd night. This morning we were given the option to go on 2 dives in similar conditions from the last two days (5m visibility yesterday) with a 3 hours back and forth both ways or to disembark. By the way, if you disembark you lose your money. Probably half of our 31 person tour is choosing to disembark.

The reason they earned a 3 is because the crew was fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. They were attentive, informative and professional. The trip would have been insufferable without them.

I understand that they have no control of the weather or conditions, I know that many other tours were cancelled because of the conditions; it seems like money took priority over people (from the company standpoint).

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank 0956sk
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic time on a 3day/2 night livaboard. The staff were fantastic, equipment great and food and accommodation perfect for your needs. The whole boat was very organised and clean. Would definitely use these guys again. We did some great diving and whilst most were unguided the briefings were thorough and staff we excellent help. Safety taken very seriously also

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Joined the 3D2N trip in early March 2018 with Prodive for the nitrox course and some night dives. with 30 pax on the boat, about half of them are OW / AOW students, another 10+ certified divers and 2 snorkelers.
Weather condition: Sunny days with occasional showers about 5-10knots SE throughout the whole trip. Underwater temperature at 28C. Visibility around 15-20M depending on the sites/reefs.
Accommodation: staying in a bunk bed room with my partner with two shared bathrooms/toilets between four rooms ( 8 people in total ). room is clean with power points to charge phones, camera and torches. never need to wait for bathroom throughout the whole trip and shower is hot enough which is very important after a long night dive!
Food: Beyond my expectations! Always hot food after the dives and cakes/light bites between dives. Pumpkin soup and thai curry are definitely better than those in restaurants in Cairns city. they have even made a small pot of vegetarian curry to cater for people with different dietary requirements. big shout out to the cook.
Course: Nitrox course is a very simple course and was carried out by the dive supervisor. easy done and we could dive with nitrox on the boat after certification.
Dive sites: been to Milln reef and Flynn Reef and changed around 5-6 different sites for 11 dives throughout the trip. Underwater visibility is around 15-20M depending on sites and not much current at all. Dives are unguided but they do provide guides for the first dive of the trip and the first night dive. Very thorough dive site briefing with bearings and directions, points of interests, landmarks, depths drawn on maps. Seen cuttlefish, heaps of turtles ( like six turtles in one dive ), few sharks, eels, rays, nudibranch and all those weird nocturnal creatures.
Tips: try to pick dates that are less than 15knots of wind. being a monohull it does rock around a bit especially in rough sea. take seasickness medications if concerned or not sure. Even though they offer guides for first dive of the trip and the first night dive, you can get the most of the trip if you already have certain level of diving experience, especially if you have done a few unguided dives before so you dont need to worry about your buoyancy control / orientation / air consumption too much. And they do pair up solo travelers as buddy pairs so dont worry! It was the first liveaboard dive trip and night dive experience for my partner and she loves it.
All in all, highly recommend this trip to certified divers and keen snorkelers. Great value for diving especially considering all the accommodation / meals cost that you saved for those three days. Big shout out to Skipper Safa, Supervisor Leighton, Instructors on board, the cook Laura(?), and the reservation team as well for making this trip a great experience for us.

And no, they dont do any introductory diving!