Open today: 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
Book In Advance
Tours from Down Under Cruise & Dive tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Down Under Cruise & Dive
from USD 119.80
from USD 309.30
from USD 450.10
More Info
All reviews helicopter ride the great barrier reef free glass of wine fish steak salad saxon reef the reefs these guys prawns fruit open water course underwater camera stinger suits reef tour cheese and crackers lunch buffet
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

A quality touring boat, with a large amount of people on board per tour. The boat was very clean and new with easy access power points. Our snorkel was to the Norman and Saxon Reef, as much as it was an amazing experience, it was also a bit of a let down. I’m well aware the reef is dying but I somehow expected more. Nonetheless, we were still able to see beautiful schools of fish and some live coral.

Personally, for next time, I’m going to try out a smaller touring boat. After I came back, I realised a friend genuinely had the most amazing time on a smaller cruise.

We probably won’t do this particular tour again. The staff were quite arrogant, more people on board than anticipated and the whole time on board, the staff kept bombarding their guest with items they had for sale. We were pretty over it at the end of the day.

Hayley S, Sales and Marketing at Down Under Cruise & Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hi Fong O,

Firstly I would like to make clear that the reef is NOT dying - despite the media portraying it is. I invite you to have a look on our social media channels (Instagram and Facebook) to check out some of the spectacular photos which have been captured at each of our reef sites. These are shared by our onboard photographers and others that have travelled with us. It is disappointing to hear the tour did not meet your expectations. We clearly advertise the tour inclusions through our website and brochure - including the number of passengers we carry each day. Our staff are always commended on the level of customer service they provide - which is apparent in previous reviews.

Thanks

Reviewed 3 October 2017

The boat was very clean and fancy, all inside rooms fully airconditioned. The diving was excellent and for my first time the instructors were very helpful and explained everything well. Stephen was our instructor and he was great. The snorkelling was great with lot of beautiful fish. The lunch was average and could have been simplified to be a bit better. Majority of the staff were very friendly with the odd one being very rude to customers.

Hi Teganb29,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your day with us. I will be sure to let Stephan know that you mentioned him personally.

Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We all had a fantastic time on this day trip we all highly recommend it! All the staff are so friendly and Daniel made our day as we were a bit timid to go out too far in the water when Daniel said he was free to take us out and show us everything..holding onto a life ring Daniel was AMAZING! we felt so safe with him and saw giant clams and fish he kept pointing out and naming.. He is a lovely guy and a real asset to the company we will never forget this amazing experience so thank you so very much Daniel you made our day!
Kind regards Tania & Lisa

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Did my open water and adventure certification with them and everything was excellent from the instructor to the crew on the boat. Recommend completely

Reviewed 25 September 2017

If you didn't need to cater for a group of 6 and the staff did have all the correct info about what your ticket included, it should be a good tour.

However, we had a group of 7 including a young kid, 4 of us had Semi-Submersible included. I have told my family that 4 of us can go. Then I went for a snorkel while my family should go and prepare for the the Submersible tour. After I came back, I was told 2 staff had told my family they need to pay extra for the tour, 3 of us went. However, the last one didn't go and at least 30 mins wasted until the staff told the family you need to pay extra, and because of that, there was not enough time for snorkel for the person didn't go. At the payment, I confirmed that they made a mistake, but they refused to refund or do anything at all.

So I called up after finishing the tour, they understood it and require me to send an email, I asked for a email address it was mentioned that it should come around in an hour. However after a day, they didn't send me the email, so I have to find it on the website, and sent through, and it took them more than a day to come back, and quite standard and perfunctory.

I mentioned that it was not to my satisfactory, however they never came back to me, even their last sentence was "please don’t hesitate to contact us.".

I did all my part to clarify the issue but the miscommunication and customer service was a experience for the day out.