Open today: 7:00 am - 10:00 pm
Book In Advance
Tours from Down Under Cruise & Dive tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Down Under Cruise & Dive
from USD 119.50
from USD 308.50
from USD 449.10
More Info
All reviews helicopter ride the great barrier reef free glass of wine fish steak salad saxon reef the reefs these guys prawns fruit open water course underwater camera stinger suits reef tour cheese and crackers lunch buffet
Reviewed 3 October 2017

The boat was very clean and fancy, all inside rooms fully airconditioned. The diving was excellent and for my first time the instructors were very helpful and explained everything well. Stephen was our instructor and he was great. The snorkelling was great with lot of beautiful fish. The lunch was average and could have been simplified to be a bit better. Majority of the staff were very friendly with the odd one being very rude to customers.

Hayley S, Sales and Marketing at Down Under Cruise & Dive, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Hi Teganb29,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your day with us. I will be sure to let Stephan know that you mentioned him personally.

Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We all had a fantastic time on this day trip we all highly recommend it! All the staff are so friendly and Daniel made our day as we were a bit timid to go out too far in the water when Daniel said he was free to take us out and show us everything..holding onto a life ring Daniel was AMAZING! we felt so safe with him and saw giant clams and fish he kept pointing out and naming.. He is a lovely guy and a real asset to the company we will never forget this amazing experience so thank you so very much Daniel you made our day!
Kind regards Tania & Lisa

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Did my open water and adventure certification with them and everything was excellent from the instructor to the crew on the boat. Recommend completely

Reviewed 25 September 2017

If you didn't need to cater for a group of 6 and the staff did have all the correct info about what your ticket included, it should be a good tour.

However, we had a group of 7 including a young kid, 4 of us had Semi-Submersible included. I have told my family that 4 of us can go. Then I went for a snorkel while my family should go and prepare for the the Submersible tour. After I came back, I was told 2 staff had told my family they need to pay extra for the tour, 3 of us went. However, the last one didn't go and at least 30 mins wasted until the staff told the family you need to pay extra, and because of that, there was not enough time for snorkel for the person didn't go. At the payment, I confirmed that they made a mistake, but they refused to refund or do anything at all.

So I called up after finishing the tour, they understood it and require me to send an email, I asked for a email address it was mentioned that it should come around in an hour. However after a day, they didn't send me the email, so I have to find it on the website, and sent through, and it took them more than a day to come back, and quite standard and perfunctory.

I mentioned that it was not to my satisfactory, however they never came back to me, even their last sentence was "please don’t hesitate to contact us.".

I did all my part to clarify the issue but the miscommunication and customer service was a experience for the day out.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

From moment of check in at the Reef Terminal, to the moment we stepped back off the boat 9 hours later, we had tea and coffee all day, biscuits on arrival, BBQ lunch, fruit (melon and pineapple) cheese & biscuits along with glass of wine on the trip back.
The staff were the normal mix of multinational backpackers, the Skipper was young and didn't interact with anyone, the dive crew were a mix of Australians and South African. All staff very helpful and happy.
The reef itself was brilliant, you go to two locations the first was deeper than the second.

Lots of extras to watch out for,
Camera rent $35 plus $10 for an SD card
Wet suit hire $10
Semi-submersible trip $10
Snorkelling trip with marine biologist $35 Helicopter trip $????
Photographer photos of you doing all the activities starting from about $20 for a single photo to $155 dollars for a group of 4 and all your photos on a USB. Prices depends on package and group size.