“good enough restaurant”

Ochre Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 686 Restaurants in Cairns
Price range: USD 10 - USD 40
Reviewed 14 November 2017

The service was a bit slow but the waitress was friendly. the food was very good. i think we had the swordfish or maui-maui, whatever it was, it was prepared well. nice to be seated at the boardwalk.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I don’t know why my comment was deleted by TripAdvisor because I used two languages to write my comment
This is a repost:
This was my last dinner I had in my Australia trip. I really disappointed what I had eaten that day. The seafood were not fresh and even tasteless. Especially the tiger crab and oyster, the oyster was tasteless and really the worst oyster I ever ate in Australia. The crab meat seems rotted, and it even didn't have any flavor? The fried prawn and crocodile were too salty.....
Moreover, one of the staff here frequently urged us to order any drink when i was still looking the menu for what to eat ...
I won't recommend this restaurant to my friend if they come to cairns....

And I would like to reply what the restaurant reply my comment previously

Dear chef
We dont need to black mouth anyone after we left, we can gain nothing for that. The aim of writing that comment first is to remind others and then to remind you. Kept offensive to every negative comment couldnt improve the quality of your food. The truth is that we had tried better food in other place and we found the worst experience in yours. I dont know why the oysters were not freshly opened before served in Aussie, but the oysters we ate in Gold Coast were greater than yours. We also had Australian oysters in our country and opened it ourselves which were more fresh than the oysters I ate in Australia which was really ridiculous. The crab we ate was just facing the same condition. If this is your standard and you dont want to improve yourselves by chance and just satisfying you guys with the positive comments. You will just be disappointing everyone with higher expectation

CJS63Cairns, Owner at Ochre Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Glory,
We have no power to delete 'reviews' and we did not report your post to trip advisor.
As I stated in the previous management response, I dont understand if the seafood was so bad as you claim, then why was it all eaten. We are a very busy restaurant with high turnover of fresh produce, I am sorry you had such a negative experience.
Generally we take constructive criticism on board and discuss customer feedback to make sure our standards of quality and service are as high as we can achieve. As is reflected in our overall 4.5 rating.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Not sure if it's me or what .... this was only my second time trying kangaroo. The first time I ate it in Sydney it was fabulous, so thought I'd try it again here. I was disappointed at how undercooked it was. Big chunks of meat barely cooked and then it was so very difficult to chew. I rarely leave food on my plate but I sure did this time. A memorable meal but for all the wrong reasons.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Lovely dinner, marred only by the accidental loss of our credit card as it disappeared through the cracks of the boardwalk. Our lovely waitress was totally mortified!

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

The food was pretty average and definitely doesn’t justify the high pricing of it. However, the service was excellent.