Lowest prices for your stay
AU$122
Fully refundable before Thu, 29 Feb
Priceline
AU$129
Fully refundable before Fri, 1 Mar
Vio.com
AU$105
Fully refundable before Sat, 2 Mar
All reviews pod coffee every morning comfortable beds free wifi air con motel kitchenette accommodation apartment harbour
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2023 via mobile

The City Palms Cairns is poorly maintained and really showing its age. From the peeling paint to the rickety exterior staircases, it really needs a complete overhaul.
The shower recess in my room was dirty and the rooms were not serviced ever though they advertise as such. I tested them by leaving my towel on the floor for replacement as instructed. It was still there when I returned.
To cap it all off the second last night of my stay there was screaming in the early hours, just enough to make sure you were fully awake, but that was nothing compared to the final night when the screaming came again and this time was accompanied by car engines revving and a lot of yelling.
No amount of free scones with jam and cream for breakfast would induce me to spend another night there.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank christinehQ9112DK
Reviewed 19 July 2023

Cheap!!! if you are looking for a cheap motel, bad quality of wifi, loud clients, then THIS is for you!!
I had meetings with the US and it was crap! wifi was on and off all the time. So embarrassing.

As far as I am concerned: I won't come back here

Room tip: The pool gets crowded with... I mean I would not let my young teen girl go on her own there
Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Calie R
Reviewed 25 May 2023

Just stayed in this property, sadly it was so below par. We have stayed there many times over the years. We had mentioned different things that did not work in the rooms over the years. Like the fans don’t work except for full blast, the beds are like rocks, the paint is chipped from furniture, doors and walls. I can live with the painting as it’s easy to happen, but the rest, it’s like whichever room we have stayed in downstairs, it’s always the same. When we started staying there it was less than $100.00 per night. We had hoped the problems had been fixed, so thought why not try again, now it’s $140.00 a night and nothing has changed. Very very disappointing indeed.

Room tip: Pls change the mattresses !!
Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed 2 May 2023

The king suit was okay however a kitchen was missing however they had a BBQ area to cook meat. The bedding was large and comfy. Staff were extremely helpful and with morning scone, jam and cream or the mini muffins for the late risers were every good. I would recommend the Cairns City Palms for the budget traveler. The hotel does have apartments for the twin and triple which makes cooking in room easier.

Room tip: Good rooms, air conditioning was great, cleaned daily, bedding was great. The only down fall was the lack of a cook top in the room.
Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul K
Reviewed 22 April 2023

We had a two bedroom apartment. Perfect for our two teens who had their own room and beds. The motel and rooms are spotless and freshly updated. Parking is included. This makes a difference to your holiday budget as you’d need to pay for parking at a city central hotel. Location is about a 25min walk or $11 uber from the Cairns harbour / waterfront area. There are plenty of local restaurants and cafes within two blocks of the motel. Staff are welcoming, helpful with bookings and know the local area.

Date of stay: March 2023