“Fantastic experience”

USD 159.88*
and up
Green Island Sailing Cruise from Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the passion of the Ocean Free and Freedom team! First class service with that friendly Ozzie touch! A luxury high speed 20M CAT "Ocean Freedom" to 2 stunning locations Upolu Cay and "Wonder Wall" on the GBR or a beautiful 16M sailing vessel "Ocean Free" to the famous Green Island + GBR . Personal tours carrying low passenger numbers offering more of a day out with "family and friends" than a "commercial tour".
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Having never been scuba diving before and only after been snorkelling for the first time on the Whitsundays, I decided to give scuba diving a go with ocean Freedom. I was a little nervous as I am not a brilliant swimmer but I shouldn't have been worried at all. The worst part of the dive is going under water for the first time and trying to adjust to the berating and hand signals you have to give your diving instructor. I had a little difficulty at the start so I got to go one on one with my instructor. Once you go under it is an amazing experience. I got to see so much coral, fish (nemos) and turtles. Your diving instructor keeps a eye on your tank to make sure you have enough air left and knows when to go up. We also got to go snorkelling which was great but nothing beats the scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef experience. A wide range of food was also available on the boat to suit everybody. Got to go out on a small see through bottom boat where we learned about all the fish and coral in the area before we went diving. A tricky amazing experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,605)

Reviewed 8 March 2017

My wife and I had a very nice day on the reef with Ocean Free. There were only 12 other passengers on the boat , which was important to us. The other boats looked packed! The captain and crew were professional and personable. The equipment and instructions were excellent. There were a couple of weak and inexperienced swimmers, and I witnessed the crew, Vanessa and Sean, provide extra care, allowing them to have a memorable experience on the Great Barrier Reef. We didn't really care for Green Island and would have rather spent more time on the boat or at another reef location.

2  Thank NOSNED
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Ocean Freedom was a wonderful experience. The staff was so accommodating and friendly. The equipment provided for snorkeling was more than adequate. The staff gave very thorough instructions before allowing anyone in the water. The fact that we were farther from shore allowed us a great view of the reef. The extras were very appreciated: breakfast, lunch, and wonderful afternoon snacks.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Monday March 6th 7:30 trip
My wife and I took this day trip and found it lots of fun with
Great views of the unspoiled Reef. We met some great people
To spend the trip with. The food and snacks were great and
plentiful you had to buy drinks so suggest you take a pre
frozen bottle of water with you. We are in our 80s so did not
get in the way water but took rides in the glass bottom
boat and the other close up Reef view small boat.
This is a great day trip don't miss it

Reviewed 8 March 2017

The crew on the Ocean Freedom were friendly, informative and accommodating. Once we arrived at the reef (took over an hour each way), the crew fitted us with snorkeling gear and we were ready for the water. The first spot was pretty calm waters. A few of the crew members led those who were interested on a guided tour of the sea life below. After over an hour, we moved to the second spot for more water adventure. Some of our fellow travelers were scuba people, too. They offered an introductory class for those interested. Anyway, by the time we reached the second spot, the weather had turned pretty ugly and the seas were choppy. We still did the water adventure, but it was tough...hard to see much with the seas pushing everyone around. Still, the Ocean Freedom crew was supportive and tended us very well. It was fun to see so many beautiful fish, turtles and stingray.
The boat is VERY nice, too. The tour featured a wonderful buffet lunch on board, as well. We would highly recommend Ocean Freedom for a visit to the Great Barrier Reef.