“Great trip: Ocean Freedom”

Ocean Free and Ocean Freedom
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the passion of the Ocean Free and Freedom team! First class service with that friendly Ozzie touch! A luxury high speed 20M CAT "Ocean Freedom" to 2 stunning locations Upolu Cay and "Wonder Wall" on the GBR or a beautiful 16M sailing vessel "Ocean Free" to the famous Green Island + GBR . Personal tours carrying low passenger numbers offering more of a day out with "family and friends" than a "commercial tour".
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

I had a perfect day! The crew was awesome, snorkelling and diving well organized and food was also very good... one of the best experiences in Cairns.
Definitely worth every penny!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,659)
All reviews
in 54 reviews
"cold meats"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

An amazing day. The food tasted really good and they served us with snacks and fruit during the whole day. The coral reefs they showed us were very beautiful in nice bright colours. We saw turtles and a lot of fish. Biggest applause goes out to the staff though: they were all so service-minded, kind and clear when giving instructions. They kept a smile on their faces during the entire trip and seemed to really love their jobs. This trip is probably in the top 3 of great trips we've done in our time in Australia. Don't miss it! Definitely worth the money!

Reviewed 2 March 2017

For us this was the first time in a sail boat. It was really amazing. A great day and a really nice crew. Starting with coffee, which was a nice surprise. Food was good and tasty.Scuba diving, snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef, definitely worth the trip to experience.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

It's 20 years ago since my last trip to Australia and my memories of the Great Barrier Reef where very special. That time I had the luck to see a Whale on my Snorkeling Trip. So my expectations were quite high when we booked a spontaneous Trip to Cairns.

The Cruise started quite early in the morning so we got up at 7:00 (without having Coffee) and rushed to the Marina and the Check-In Counter. There I had a first shock - a waiting Line of around 40 people. Luckily there is a Restaurant with nice Breakfast at the Marina and while I was standing in line my Love got us a great Cappuccino and Croissant. The Check-In itself was very uncomplicated and the staff very friendly. I asked how many people would be on board and it was just 75 people on a boat with a capacity of 130. I was relived...

The speedboat was the nicest at the Marina but filled up very quickly and we were lucky to have a great seating place for the start. after about 1 hour ride we stopped at our first dive and snorkel spot at the great barrier reef. the crew was well organized and there was enough equipment for everybody. Soon after we could jump info the water and explore the underwaterworld. It was good and we even saw a turtle and a barracuda but somehow I was a little disappointed - my memories were filled with more colorful corals and animals. At the Reef we had the opportunity to to a short trip on a glass bottom boat with many explanations about the Reef.

it was a good day - the crew - the food - the nature was great and we enjoyed the sun the rain and the reef.

OceanFreedom, Manager at Ocean Free and Ocean Freedom, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. It is always hard to compare any two days as the conditions may be very different - different tides, different visibility, stronger wind, bigger waves etc. But pleased that you enjoyed your day all the same

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 February 2017

My family and I had a very nice day on Ocean Freedom. My daughter and I are certified, but novice divers. We each took two dives, both of which were amazing! The boat provided all equipment, which was very new and well maintained, and a guide. The first dive was included in the price of the trip, but the second was for a very reasonable extra. Our guide was attentive and took us through amazing coral, with loads of interesting fish. Ahead of time we were worried about coral bleaching, but these guys must have found an area relatively unaffected because what I saw was awesome! My husband enjoyed snorkeling while we were diving and we got some good snorkeling in, as well. The boat is not so big that there are crowds snorkeling--plenty of room for everyone. The boat catered to all levels of ability and even had procedures in place for nonswimmers to have a good snorkel. There were plenty of staff members in the water to watch over folks and make sure everyone had a chance to see the best coral. The water was warm. The food was good and there was plenty of it. Pastries and fruit on the way out, a good lunch and a good assortment of cheese and cake on the way back. Water, tea and coffee available all the time. The staff was very nice and accomodating. Altogether a terrific day on the awesome Barrier Reef!

OceanFreedom, Manager at Ocean Free and Ocean Freedom, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Thank you so much! Really appreciate the time you took to leave us a review. Great to hear that your certified dives were enjoyable, but also good that you recognised our complimentary in water assistance for those less confident than yourselves. Thanks again and we hope you had a great stay in Cairns.