“Amacing day with ocean free”

Ocean Free and Ocean Freedom
USD 163.47*
and up
Green Island Sailing Cruise from Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the passion of the Ocean Free and Freedom team! First class service with that friendly Ozzie touch! A luxury high speed 20M CAT "Ocean Freedom" to 2 stunning locations Upolu Cay and "Wonder Wall" on the GBR or a beautiful 16M sailing vessel "Ocean Free" to the famous Green Island + GBR . Personal tours carrying low passenger numbers offering more of a day out with "family and friends" than a "commercial tour".
Hyvinkaa, Finland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amacing day with ocean free”
Reviewed 2 March 2017

For us this was the first time in a sail boat. It was really amazing. A great day and a really nice crew. Starting with coffee, which was a nice surprise. Food was good and tasty.Scuba diving, snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef, definitely worth the trip to experience.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing Day with Snorkling”
Reviewed 1 March 2017

It's 20 years ago since my last trip to Australia and my memories of the Great Barrier Reef where very special. That time I had the luck to see a Whale on my Snorkeling Trip. So my expectations were quite high when we booked a spontaneous Trip to Cairns.

The Cruise started quite early in the morning so we got up at 7:00 (without having Coffee) and rushed to the Marina and the Check-In Counter. There I had a first shock - a waiting Line of around 40 people. Luckily there is a Restaurant with nice Breakfast at the Marina and while I was standing in line my Love got us a great Cappuccino and Croissant. The Check-In itself was very uncomplicated and the staff very friendly. I asked how many people would be on board and it was just 75 people on a boat with a capacity of 130. I was relived...

The speedboat was the nicest at the Marina but filled up very quickly and we were lucky to have a great seating place for the start. after about 1 hour ride we stopped at our first dive and snorkel spot at the great barrier reef. the crew was well organized and there was enough equipment for everybody. Soon after we could jump info the water and explore the underwaterworld. It was good and we even saw a turtle and a barracuda but somehow I was a little disappointed - my memories were filled with more colorful corals and animals. At the Reef we had the opportunity to to a short trip on a glass bottom boat with many explanations about the Reef.

it was a good day - the crew - the food - the nature was great and we enjoyed the sun the rain and the reef.

Visited February 2017
OceanFreedom, Manager at Ocean Free and Ocean Freedom, responded to this review, 8 March 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. It is always hard to compare any two days as the conditions may be very different - different tides, different visibility, stronger wind, bigger waves etc. But pleased that you enjoyed your day all the same
Saint Louis, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Day!”
Reviewed 26 February 2017

My family and I had a very nice day on Ocean Freedom. My daughter and I are certified, but novice divers. We each took two dives, both of which were amazing! The boat provided all equipment, which was very new and well maintained, and a guide. The first dive was included in the price of the trip, but the second was for a very reasonable extra. Our guide was attentive and took us through amazing coral, with loads of interesting fish. Ahead of time we were worried about coral bleaching, but these guys must have found an area relatively unaffected because what I saw was awesome! My husband enjoyed snorkeling while we were diving and we got some good snorkeling in, as well. The boat is not so big that there are crowds snorkeling--plenty of room for everyone. The boat catered to all levels of ability and even had procedures in place for nonswimmers to have a good snorkel. There were plenty of staff members in the water to watch over folks and make sure everyone had a chance to see the best coral. The water was warm. The food was good and there was plenty of it. Pastries and fruit on the way out, a good lunch and a good assortment of cheese and cake on the way back. Water, tea and coffee available all the time. The staff was very nice and accomodating. Altogether a terrific day on the awesome Barrier Reef!

Visited February 2017
OceanFreedom, Manager at Ocean Free and Ocean Freedom, responded to this review, 27 February 2017
Thank you so much! Really appreciate the time you took to leave us a review. Great to hear that your certified dives were enjoyable, but also good that you recognised our complimentary in water assistance for those less confident than yourselves. Thanks again and we hope you had a great stay in Cairns.
Queensland, Australia
193 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Ocean free”
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Do the ocean free. Less back packers. The crew were all great and very helpful to us. The teas and lunch were very good too. Great way to experience the reef.

Visited February 2017
Thank you very much. Very pleased that you enjoyed your tour. Hope you enjoyed your holidays
Bend, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
“An absolutely amazing day!!”
Reviewed 18 February 2017

I cannot say enough great things about the Ocean Freedom and its crew. We booked this trip for my husbands 60th birthday and we were not disappointed. The crew and staff are so friendly and funny. We started with the glass bottom boat trip and Sean gave us great information and had us laughing. While preparing to snorkel, Captain Lukas must have noticed my nervousness and we were sent in the water with a crew member. He helped me learn to snorkel and stayed with me until I was comfortable. We enjoyed swimming with Barry the Barracuda. He hangs out with the Ocean Freedom We had a beautiful buffet lunch then moved to the second site where we had the rare opportunity to walk out on a sand bar then snorkel back to the boat. On the way back we had more snacks including cake. The entire day was perfect!! I would highly recommend the Ocean Freedom to everyone.

Visited January 2017
OceanFreedom, Manager at Ocean Free and Ocean Freedom, responded to this review, 21 February 2017
Thank you very much for your perfect review and I am glad that we could be a part of your husband's 60th celebrations. We hope that the memories will last you a lifetime! Best regards