“Love the dumplings”

Harajuku Gyoza - Brisbane CBD
Ranked #278 of 5,187 Restaurants in Brisbane
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

The food is simply awesome. Tempura eggplant and the pork&prawn dumplings are fantastic. The atmosphere is cool and the Japanese personell is well maintaining this special flair

HiroGyoza, Manager at Harajuku Gyoza - Brisbane CBD, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Wow! This review is so awesome. We love to make our customers happy. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I have visited Harajuku Gyoza twice before this visit and have usually left feeling satisfied. This was not the case today. My sister and I ordered the 3 cheese gyoza, salmon poke bowl, and the souffle pancakes, and actually had to cross the 'street' to get something else to eat after that. The gyoza was okay taste wise BUT there was very little cheese in the gyoza and the skin was not crispy enough. The poke bowl tasted interesting - if you know how yusheng that is eaten during Chinese New Year tastes like then it tastes like that. Salmon was fresh enough but there was not enough to go around in my opinion. Okay, the souffle - my sister really wanted to have it after seeing it all over social media. I even had to change my work schedule to be able to head in before they stopped selling it but seriously sorely disappointed. The 3 pieces of souffle were not fluffy, super eggy tasting, and just generally not good. The Nutella was watered down and basically tasted like generic chocolate sauce. I definitely would not pay $15 (or however much it was) for that. In total we spent close to $40 and had to spend another $10-20 somewhere else to get close to feeling satiated.

Of course, the service, as usual, cannot be faulted - the wait staff were attentive and responsive. I am not a huge fan of the shouting but I take it as part of the atmosphere.

Hello. We are terribly sorry your experience with us was anything less than amazing. We like to think our staff and managers always try their best to make the experience as yum and fun as possible. We take any feedback about the quality of our food very seriously and I will ensure this feedback is passed onto the team so we can do our best to make it right in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Great gyoza. Highly recommend the spicy sauce duck gyoza as well as trying the 3 cheese gyoza for something different.

We love the 3 cheese gyoza too! It is so yum. You will have to try our Open Gyoza on your next visit. This is also very yum :)

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Some of the best gyoza/dumplings I've ever had. Got the pork, duck, and chicken. The duck was my favorite. The restaurant has a fun energy, friendly staff and is reasonably priced.

Wow! You are awesome Ben-san. We love your yum and fun review. We are so happy you had an awesome time with us. We hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Me and my husband got an order of edamame, pork gyoza, free chicken wings with alcoholic drink (between 4 and 6pm) (espresso martini), chicken karaage and nutella gyoza for dessert. Everything was amazingly delicious and fun. You can mix your own gyoza dipping sauce, which I thought was fun. The staff are very attentive, friendly and enthusiastic. It really felt like I was surrounded by Japanese culture. I did not want to leave as I loved every minute of it. I highly recommend the gyoza, karaage and nutella gyoza the most. They were so good.

Hello! Thank you for your yum and fun review. We are so happy you had an awesome time with us and hope to see you again soon :)