“Excellent and relaxing tour with John Donaldson”

Personally Yours Tours
Ranked #37 of 119 Tours in Brisbane
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since commencing operations in 1999, Personally Yours Tours has won numerous industry and business awards. We continue to provide personal and private tours of Brisbane and South East Queensland maintaining the idea of no fixed itinerary. The vehicle is a new luxury Toyota 'people mover' with no signwriting. We are licensed to operate at Brisbane airport and larger numbers can be catered for.
Reviewed 4 May 2016

We arranged for a private tour with John Donaldson. We arrived in the early morning after a long flight from the US. He conveniently met us right outside of customs. Because he is a tour guide, he is permitted to park nearby. We dropped out bags at our hotel and away we went. We requested a leisurely driving tour given our jet lag and that our room would not be ready until late afternoon. He delivered a beautiful drive into the highlands with a few scenic stops along with way. John is a wealth of knowledge. Very friendly and fun to be with.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

I contacted John for a private day tour on the day our cruise ship had to dock at Brisbane. All communication before the trip was simple, quick and straightforward. I asked for advice of which places to visit which would suit my 65+ year old parents, hubby and I and 2 year old son. Very quickly John came up a plan for our day which included a visit to the lovely town of Boonah, a stop at a winery where we sampled some home grown wines and toddler son could stretch his legs amongst the cows and the many tractors! :), a quick lunch on the way to finish the day at the lovely Lone Koala Sanctuary. It was a great day and we're still finding ourselves reminiscing about it from time to time. John is like a walking encyclopedia. It was a pleasure hearing him go over topics such as the history of Brisbane, Australia and other general knowledge. I've never had the pleasuring of touring with such a charismatic and knowledgeable person. Lastly, as a mother, I was extremely apprehensive about touring for a whole day with a very energetic 2 year old in tow, however my worries were unfounded as it was evident that John is used to having small kids around him. Thanks John! you made our Brisbane tour a memorable one

Reviewed 5 April 2016

Came to Brisbane via cruise ship, John picked us up and had us all day and dropped us off at ship 45 minutes before departure. John took us to through local neighborhoods, downtown area, the free swimming area, and the Koala sanctuary, which I have to say was my favorite! He had a lot of knowledge. I would recommend him for a very nice day out without the crowds of a bus tour!

Reviewed 27 March 2016

JOHN DONALDSON ... the ultimate tour guide.... wow ..... we were traveling on the Solstice Ship (Celebrity) and made this private tour with John. He books up fast... so book early.

John was one of kind tour guides. There wasn't anything he wouldn't do for our group or answer any of questions - he knew it all.

We saw so much in comparison to the ship's tours. Places we went, stops for "non-touristy" lunch - scenery -- etc. can't be beat by any other guide than John. I would hire him again if we were ever to get a chance to go back.

We were a group of 10 -- a small group with a van that could go anywhere - and not big busses!

Kudos to John - you're the best!

Reviewed 2 March 2016

I cannot possibly say how wonderful Mr. John Donaldson was to me and my wife. We reached out to him a few months before our trip, and he was always quick to reply, and was extremely informative and helped us to plan out different parts of our Brisbane trip. He even helped create itineraries for us to take on a country drive, highlighting all the interesting things to see. The moment we stepped out of the baggage claim at the airport, John was there waiting for us with a smile. He took us to a local cafe after our 13 hour flight from Los Angeles, and then we started his tour. John had so much fascinating knowledge about Brisbane and surrounding areas; he managed to keep two jet lagged 20-somethings awake the entire time! I really enjoyed how it was just the three of us, and not part of a large tour. It allowed us to ask questions throughout the entire tour, and to get to know John. I highly recommend you take his Brisbane tour, just make sure you allow enough time.

John also agreed to transport me and my wife to and from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to our cruise terminal, and so on. I am not a fan of taxis and I don't really trust Uber, John was the perfect solution for our transportation needs at a very reasonable price.

If you are planning a trip to Brisbane, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend you reach out to John Donaldson to help make your vacation extraordinary.