“Brisbane tour ... one of a kind”

Personally Yours Tours
Ranked #31 of 117 Tours in Brisbane
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since commencing operations in 1999, Personally Yours Tours has won numerous industry and business awards. We continue to provide personal and private tours of Brisbane and South East Queensland maintaining the idea of no fixed itinerary. The vehicle is a new luxury Toyota 'people mover' with no signwriting. We are licensed to operate at Brisbane airport and larger numbers can be catered for.
Reviewed 10 April 2016

I contacted John for a private day tour on the day our cruise ship had to dock at Brisbane. All communication before the trip was simple, quick and straightforward. I asked for advice of which places to visit which would suit my 65+ year old parents, hubby and I and 2 year old son. Very quickly John came up a plan for our day which included a visit to the lovely town of Boonah, a stop at a winery where we sampled some home grown wines and toddler son could stretch his legs amongst the cows and the many tractors! :), a quick lunch on the way to finish the day at the lovely Lone Koala Sanctuary. It was a great day and we're still finding ourselves reminiscing about it from time to time. John is like a walking encyclopedia. It was a pleasure hearing him go over topics such as the history of Brisbane, Australia and other general knowledge. I've never had the pleasuring of touring with such a charismatic and knowledgeable person. Lastly, as a mother, I was extremely apprehensive about touring for a whole day with a very energetic 2 year old in tow, however my worries were unfounded as it was evident that John is used to having small kids around him. Thanks John! you made our Brisbane tour a memorable one

All reviews
in 6 reviews
in 2 reviews
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2016

Came to Brisbane via cruise ship, John picked us up and had us all day and dropped us off at ship 45 minutes before departure. John took us to through local neighborhoods, downtown area, the free swimming area, and the Koala sanctuary, which I have to say was my favorite! He had a lot of knowledge. I would recommend him for a very nice day out without the crowds of a bus tour!

Reviewed 27 March 2016

JOHN DONALDSON ... the ultimate tour guide.... wow ..... we were traveling on the Solstice Ship (Celebrity) and made this private tour with John. He books up fast... so book early.

John was one of kind tour guides. There wasn't anything he wouldn't do for our group or answer any of questions - he knew it all.

We saw so much in comparison to the ship's tours. Places we went, stops for "non-touristy" lunch - scenery -- etc. can't be beat by any other guide than John. I would hire him again if we were ever to get a chance to go back.

We were a group of 10 -- a small group with a van that could go anywhere - and not big busses!

Kudos to John - you're the best!

Reviewed 2 March 2016

I cannot possibly say how wonderful Mr. John Donaldson was to me and my wife. We reached out to him a few months before our trip, and he was always quick to reply, and was extremely informative and helped us to plan out different parts of our Brisbane trip. He even helped create itineraries for us to take on a country drive, highlighting all the interesting things to see. The moment we stepped out of the baggage claim at the airport, John was there waiting for us with a smile. He took us to a local cafe after our 13 hour flight from Los Angeles, and then we started his tour. John had so much fascinating knowledge about Brisbane and surrounding areas; he managed to keep two jet lagged 20-somethings awake the entire time! I really enjoyed how it was just the three of us, and not part of a large tour. It allowed us to ask questions throughout the entire tour, and to get to know John. I highly recommend you take his Brisbane tour, just make sure you allow enough time.

John also agreed to transport me and my wife to and from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to our cruise terminal, and so on. I am not a fan of taxis and I don't really trust Uber, John was the perfect solution for our transportation needs at a very reasonable price.

If you are planning a trip to Brisbane, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend you reach out to John Donaldson to help make your vacation extraordinary.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 February 2016

Brisbane is Queensland's capital city, very cosmopolitan and takes pride in having the tallest skyscraper. Our driver/guide for 8 hours, John Donaldson, said, "if Melbourne builds one taller, our city is prepared to build one even taller!" Before heading out of the city, he drove through their most prosperous neighborhood and explained how the houses were built on hills in this area very similar to San Francisco's. They cut down trees and built the houses on the stumps, filling in with logs positioned similar to how a Jinga game is stacked. Unfortunately, the British who first established the area, weren't familiar with termites...learned the hard way! They eventually figured out how to "cap the stumps" with metal plates. Today, residents of these neighborhoods have spent millions of dollars to raise their home to accommodate a garage or lower level.

We headed out of the city to Binna Burra, Canungra and Tamborine, the rim of an inactive volcano, into what John called the greatest bio-diverse area of Australia and probably the world with it's array of plants and birds. Talk about diversity, John not only knew the names of all the plants, trees and birds, but he was also a wealth of information regarding history. He made Captain Cook come alive for us as he sailed the pacific under the orders of the King. The King also commissioned a 2000.00 pound reward for anyone who developed a "special clock" called a chronometer, that would help them stay on course after many ships and men were lost when their ships ran aground. The story about the clock maker who invented this "clock" was fascinating.
We not only saw so much of the area, but learned so much from John!