I happen to love Happy Boy and that’s not just because it’s a casual well presented establishment. The people who work there are very relaxed and you’ll notice that by how they greet you. Afterwards, they’ll request that you wait by the bar until the table is ready. We were also able to split the bill.
First things first, Happy Boy is located across from Mercedes in East Street. In recent times it has moved from its former location to a large open space. I’d advise booking ahead to land a seat and the Friday and Saturday nights can be busy. My top 5 things about/at happy boy:
1. Eggplant with pork belly - it’s incredible.
2. Gong Bao chicken - chicken with peanuts always makes me happy.
3. Mapo tofu - she’s a spicy one.
4. The wine - this place has a killer Pinot Noir, in addition to many other great options.
5. The scene - spacious, open and the crowd are generally nicely dressed, happy and after a good time.
I always bring people here if they are from out of town. It’s easily one of Brisbane’s best restaurants when it comes to price (moderate $18-25 a dish), wine, central location and ambience.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.