“Private room is cool”

Ranked #204 of 5,227 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: USD 18 - USD 70
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Cha Cha Char Wine Bar & Grill is a stylish, contemporary restaurant specialising in high quality, cooked-to-perfection steaks.On our menu you'll find plenty of information - the breed, paddock address, age (12 months to 30 months and older), size (200g to 600g), accompaniments and diet (grass fed/grain fed) as well as snapshots of rare, medium rare, medium and well done steaks to help diners with their preferences.It's harder than you think to get a great steak onto a plate - there are so many variables. Restaurateur John Kilroy is a nationally recognised beef judge and is constantly showcasing products to the hospitality industry where discussions range from the breed of cattle, feed type and age of the carcass. His wide recognition throughout the beef industry means that we receive first class products on a consistent basis, year round. John sources the beef direct from producers and suppliers and ages it for five weeks, giving diners a chance to taste different breeds, brands and regions. That's why it's Brisbane's signature steak restaurant!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Attended a private function, the steak and desert were excellent and the service solid and attentive.

Date of visit: November 2018
BoutiqueVenues, Guest Relations Manager at Cha Cha Char, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thanks for the review Michael C

Reviewed 4 November 2018

We have been wanting to go for years but were always frightened of the price. We bit the bullet the year and we were not disappointed.

The food was delicious, our waiter was extremely helpful with his recommendations and we had a great night.

I will definitely be going back again

Date of visit: September 2018

Hi KristyB, thanks for the great feedback. We hope you bite that bullet again soon, or at least come back and enjoy another round of our steaks.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

You need a kings ransom for the best steak, but I was not paying so I had one. AND. . . it was amazing. Fantastic. And I love the pretty young things they employ. If you are going to have plenty of staff, why not be selective, ageist and beautyist, (pick the youngest and best looking) I thought it was great, but one of our party had plastic around his potato so he was not happy, I am gald it was not me. If you can afford it, you will love it.

Date of visit: September 2018

Hi RossM, thanks for the feedback, apologies to your dinner colleague for the plastic. We were made aware of this and can assure that we followed up with the kitchen team to be more Vigalent with their quality control. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Had such a great day today at Brisbane's Bug & Oyster trail @eaglestreetpier. Kids had ball and it turned out to be a perfect way to end school holidays. 14 restaurants participated so was very spoilt for choice. Very happy #foodie
I started with BBQ bugs served in brioche roll filled with Blond d'aquitaine steak tartar from Cha Cha Char Wine Bar & Grill for $18. It was lovely. Wish l could have more.

Date of visit: October 2018

Thanks for the review foodieadventure80, that oyster and bug trail festival was certainly a hit and enjoyed by an overwhelming number of guests. We would love to have you come into the restaurant though and enjoy an ala carte experience also..

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

I had really high hopes for this restaurant after reading google reviews however was left disappointed after a Saturday night dinner.

The steaks we ordered were okay but nothing amazing and on par with standard restaurant cuts which would be at a lower cost. The sides of potato was drenched in oil and impossible to eat.

The service was well below average, I cannot recall the waiter's name, it could have been Steve or Scott regardless he was extremely condescending, inattentive and besides taking the order/placing the food down did not speak to my partner and I. We're not expecting an in depth conversation but even a courtesy how is everything, how is the steak etc would have been nice or even eye contact. I found it extremely rude when the mains were cleared to have him borderline throw the dessert menu on the table and walk away - again it would have been polite to ask if we wanted dessert.

I'm the type of person that does not like confrontation so chose not to say anything at the time however in hindsight I believe I should have to alert the waiter of his behaviour. Fair enough he could have had a bad day but there still needs to be a level of professionalism conducted.

$200 for dinner and bad service.

Date of visit: September 2018

Hi Deedianne, thanks so much for the feedback from your experience. We appreciate that you took the time to provide your experience to us. We certainly take feedback, (be it positive or negative) seriously. Without receiving regular feedback, we can on occasions miss problems and deficiencies in our offerings, be they food related or service related. I note your comments about your waiter and can assure that if this was Steve, that he is easily one of the best waiters in Brisbane and he is someone who has been with us for some time in various capacities, therefore I can assure that any disappointment in Steve’s service or engagement would have been an isolated incident, or more a matter of perhaps workload on the night. However we do appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback from your experience.