“Defeated by Dessert Decadence ”

Cowch Dessert Cocktail Bar
Ranked #9 of 105 Dessert in Brisbane
Price range: USD 7 - USD 18
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

I visited Cowch on a Saturday night. I booked ahead and I'm glad I did, as the lineup was down the block. It was nice being able to jump the queue and head straight to our table.

The menu is extensive and ranges from the sublime to the ridiculous. Some desserts are nice, light and fruity, while others are a study in gastronomic gluttony - clearly designed for two people. Still, the nut-fudge sundae went down a treat for my partner and my Yorkshire puddings topped with ice cream, chocolate, m&ms, nuts and sherbet(!) were over-the-top but delicious. And yes, Yorkshire pudding with ice cream is a thing. Apparently.

While we enjoyed the desserts, they both ended up getting the best of us. Most of the dishes I saw going out could easily be shared between two people.

The menu also features a range of hot beverages (some with liqueur) cold drinks and cocktails.

The venue is extremely popular and the cow-themed decor and menu item names are quite the novelty. An enjoyable evening all 'round.

CowchSB, Manager at Cowch Dessert Cocktail Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Hi MelJ96,
Thank you for your kind words!
We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us, and glad you made a booking, as Saturday nights can be quite busy. We can't wait to see you guys again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Staff were lovely, place was so pleasant the food looked amazing. It just looked really good and tasted even better! I ate it all with no regrets to the amount of calories I took in. It was worth it! If you plan on coming here for dessert don't fill up on dinner too much! Your gonna need the room because your gonna want everything :)

1  Thank Umma1709

We are over the Moo-n to hear that you had no regrets devouring our sweet treats!
The herd at Cowch look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Poor customer service, bad attitude from staff. Was standing at the bar waiting to be served just for a glass of water and not 2 but 3 staff just looked and walked past. And once the food order came out to the table, it was wrong.. and this was on a quiet night. I would not like to be a customer on a busy night.

1  Thank Tayylormargaret
CowchSB, Manager at Cowch Dessert Cocktail Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Hi Tayylormargaret,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit with us. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. I do hope that the issue with the wrong order was sorted out for you while you were in store. The issue with service has been addressed internally. Please accept our apologies, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Stopped here after a date night with the wife. Choices galore for people who love their desert like us. I tried some condensed milk ice cream delicious it was just like opening up a can of condensed milk and digging in with a spoon. Chocolate licks good too. More choice here than max Brenner. Maybe pricey but worth it def

1  Thank MRfromNewcastle
CowchSB, Manager at Cowch Dessert Cocktail Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Thank you MR! We are over the moo-n to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I've never had to line up as long as what I had to here. What happened to table service? Only one person serving. Need at least two when busy which it was. Not good enough.

1  Thank ficko08

Hi ficko08,

We are sorry to her that our line was so long on your recent visit with us. Our line generally moo-ves quickly, sorry that it did not on this occasion. Our Cownter style of service is in place so that we can keep the prices as low as we can for our valued guests. We do hope to see you again soon.