1,302 results
All reviews emporium hotel james street tartufo a king spa suite molton brown toiletries cocktail bar downstairs rooftop pool pillow menu turn down service valet parking espresso machine washer dryer in room dining beautiful hotel luxury hotel small kitchenette room service
Reviewed 7 April 2015

Great friendly staff - my booking was incorrect so we were upgraded to a bigger room which was fantastic. Cocktail bar downstairs was great, rooftop pool and sauna also great and breakfast delivered was amazing! The valet parking was a nice touch and they left water bottles in the car for the drive home. Will stay again in the future!

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank amycherie_87
Reviewed 7 April 2015

Thank you! I lived and worked in Hotels all around the world and since arriving in Brisbane always wanted to stay here. The reports were outstanding, so on my partners Birthday I decided to book a nice suit with balcony and check it out for myself.
We both have a agreed that there is nothing to fault. The reception is great, warm and friendly welcome, the rooms are modern and contemporary and the bar is nice to hang out in. The standard of this hotel is as high as you can get in Australia. Pool on the roof, Sauna, Gym and all amenities you can ask for. The only thing missing is a good restaurant. But there are some not far away in James Street or if you like it a little more simple, the Emporium precinct has a few more.
What struck us most (even so simple) was, when we picked up our car from the valley parking we found 2 bottles of water in the car. Wow, that is what you call standard.
Thanks again for a great stay.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter C
Reviewed 7 April 2015

I've stayed at the emporium on many occasions, the most recent being the easter long weekend 2015 from Friday to Monday. The rooms are very high quality, classy and stylish. They have every mod con you could possibly need. If there is anything that you need, the staff will do all the can to assist.

Their bed and linen are of a superior quality, I had the best nights sleep I have had in a very long time. They have the thickest black out curtains I have come across in all the hotels I have stayed at. It was very easy to have a sleep in at this hotel with the sun blocked out.

We had a spa suite, I made very good use of the very deep spa. The jets were in the base of the spa instead of the sides. The shower was separate and very large. There were two basins, which allowed both my partner and I to get ready for dinner at the same time.

We layed by the pool each day, it was very quiet with no kids. Perfect for the quiet get away. They bring up complimentary bottled water every day on ice for those that use the pool.

The cocktail lounge on the ground floor, is amazing. They have such a broad range of cocktails and their bar staff are super friendly. If you're a solo traveller, its a perfect place to sit at the bar and chat to the staff. The atmosphere is wonderful.

I would choose this hotel every time when staying in Brisbane.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank WeTrippinAU
Reviewed 3 April 2015

I won a competition at a night club and decided to stay overnight at The Emporium. I hadn't visited before but was very impressed by the standard of service. I rang and asked if they might assist with finding me somewhere to have my makeup done on short notice and Graham, the Concierge, had a confirmed appointment for me in under 30 mins after I had exhausted my knowledge of local ones. I just wished I could have stayed longer; then I found out they had an Easter special with 50% off and free valet parking, so I'm going back this weekend! I love the cocktail bar - great Lychee Martinis. I dined next door at Tartufo and am going back again on Saturday - it was fantastic!

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 215denised
Reviewed 28 March 2015

I stayed here for a work conference. My room on the first floor was clean, quiet, spacious and beautifully appointed. The décor was dark and masculine in colour scheme but the luxurious fabrics soften the effect. The curtains were fully blackout, and the lights in the bathroom bright. The little kitchenette with an Espresso machine was neatly tucked away behind folding doors. The King size bed was firm with an assortment of pillows. The air-conditioning was cool and quiet. The wardrobe was not large but stocked with enough hangers, two robes, an iron and board, and safe. The bathroom offered quality miniature toiletries, a proper hairdryer, large fluffy white towels, and a good sized walk-in shower (no bath).

The conference facilities were excellent and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The only disappointment was the food – although lovely fresh ingredients were used, the choices were a little cautious and boring e.g. the 6 varieties of sandwiches were all white bread with cheese; and the alternate plate dinner was well cooked, but the vegetarian option was a rice entrée followed by a rice main.

The hotel has a nice cocktail bar that had a singer accompanied by a guitarist playing on the Friday night. There are a number of café/bistro eateries in the centre surrounding the hotel, however, there is not a “pub” as such within [obvious] close walking distance. A coffee and fruit toast cost me $8 in the café next door to the hotel, as I didn’t feel like a full breakfast served in the hotel. Others advised the swimming pool was too small for laps i.e. not for exercising in.

As a fully catered conference venue this was a good choice.

Date of stay: February 2015