“Relaxed and Comfortable. Loved it!”

Kingsford Riverside Inn
Ranked #94 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Sydney, Australia
“Relaxed and Comfortable. Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

The rooms are old style but the technology is right up to the mark! Digital Plasma TV, free Wifi. Clean rooms with plenty of tea and coffee, (and biscuits!) and although the bathrooms are shared they were gleaming.
I had a good night’s sleep in a comfortable bed and when I woke up I was still about 40 bucks better off than if I’d stayed anywhere else in the neighbourhood.
No wonder this place is well patronised. I felt at home especially knowing I wasn’t expected to put my hand in my pocket if I wanted a cup of coffee, biscuits, an extra towel...
Loved it!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
13 Thank firefox2100

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kyoto, Japan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

Booked this hotel without being aware there were shared bathroom facilities. Whilst the bathrooms were clean, for $110 I would have thought I would get my own.

The guy on reception was very friendly and the free wireless broadband was pretty good.

I doubt I would stay again, but if you are OK with an old room and shared bathroom, good luck!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank AussieGaijin
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

I work on projects and occasionally attend/hold courses in Brisbane and I have stayed at Kingsford Riverside Inn. The rooms are comfortable and clean with old-fashioned balconies that actually have a view. It’s also close to everything. It is on a main road, but the place is built like the proverbial brick you-know-what so noise isn’t a problem. The price is great, and the owners and the managers make it welcoming and well run.
I stayed in April and I will be staying again. I think kindness should be reciprocated and my ongoing experience is of a well run and kindly old-style establishment where I actually get treated like a guest!

For those unfamiliar with Australia, 85% of the food market is controlled by a duopoly which tends to strangle independent competition. The cereal, which is as good as anyone else’s, comes from Aldi, who have taken the big guys head on. The owners told me they support Aldi because like themselves it’s independent, it’s good value for money and it goes out of its way to buy Australian produce – so good on both of them!

Having been ripped off for Internet all over the country, it’s truly great to get free access to a high speed system, 24 hours a day. This attitude is light years ahead of the general Australian market, particularly the Australian UPmarket, where every service seems to be regarded as a profit centre. Not here - Good on them again!

Keep up the good work, I’ll be back!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
11 Thank AllBeRuined
Newcastle, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

I knew the place was not going to be the Hilton but the room was dirty and stunk. There was garbage that had been left in the cupboard and the food in the garbage had gone rotten. The manager came past as we were taking it out of the cupboard and it just took the garbage out the back and threw it in the wizbin. He never came back with a replacement bin or do not even try to get rid of the smell for us. There was a free breakfast included which consisted of Home Bran Cereal, toast coffee etc and no clean dishes or cutlery to eat with. It was Yuk!! I would rather go without. There was no screens on the windows so if you opened the window in your room you had insects flying in and it was very noisy as you are situated on a very noisy corner. Also if you like the smell of horse poo you will be happy there as there is a racetrack directly behind the motel. The manager found this funny. Do yoursef a favour stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Luv2cruise12
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

The owners of this place were terrific! We needed a cheaper place to stay near the airport & this was a great pick. Charles helped us organize everything & went above & beyond. There is a shared kitchen which was great for my husband & I as we are used to Hostel living & enjoy being able to cook for ourselves. It's a great place to sit & chat with other travelers as well. They have plenty of channels on the big screen t.v.'s & although the bathrooms as shared, they are super clean & were never busy. I would absolutely stay again, hands down.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple