“Highly recommend going elsewhere.”
Review of James Street

James Street
Ranked #18 of 105 Shopping in Brisbane
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I would strongly advise people to look else where in Brisbane for a shopping and dinning experience . Parking is a nightmare, you can't wonder though the shops or have a bite to eat without your car been towed or damaged. The property service company are rude and unhelpful.

1  Thank HakunaMatataQLD
"precinct"
"life"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I’m so happy I found James Street as I was looking for something different to do whilst visiting Brisbane. The shops are very trendy & I absolutely loved strolling through them window shopping.

There are heaps of upmarket clothes shops like Camilla , Assembly Label , Dinosaur Design , Gorman , Kookai & numerous others plus David Jones the department store.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

I love this place as it has a local vibe yet caters for outsiders. My favourite shops are West Elm and Pottery Barn and there are lots of eating or dining options for all budgets. I haven’t had to deal with parking as I stay at appartments close by when visiting Brisbane. As I self cater it’s good to be able to get fresh produce too , maybe costs more than Woolworths down at the Gasworks but I shop at Woolies all year so it’s a treat when on holidays and there’s an excellent choice particular in seafood . Really hectic over Christmas, so I can see how parking is an issue .

Reviewed 15 December 2017

This is an excellent precinct to experience top flight food and fashion. Situated in Fortitude Valley, James St and surrounds is easily accessible by car, bus, train or ferry and is well worth a visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 October 2017

James Street keeps getting better and better, so many unique shops to browse in, great cafe, restaurants and coffee shops hidden around every corner. Nice to see David Jones boutique store adding to the range of shopping opportunities. Parking is at a premium, I find it easier to catch a train to Fortitude Valley and walk down, save the hassle, its a quick walk