“Enjoyable breakfast and coffee”
Review of Chow House

Chow House
Ranked #322 of 5,112 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2018

The previous reviewer has o bviously never been to America, it may not be called a GST but there is certainly a tax on anything you buy.
Had breakfast here just after arriving at the airport and it was very relaxing and comfortable , so different to the previous 4 weeks experiences.
Just had a crumpet but it was home made , very filling and very tasting. Coffee was the best I'd had in weeks.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

I have never been to a restaurant/cafe or any food establishment and been charged an extra GST cost on top of the already pricy menu. The waiter was arrogant when I questioned the bill and I will never go back.

1  Thank mareemoroney
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Looking for a nice place to eat can be challenging without a booking in James Street. The Chow House stood out to me, it is a lovely looking Restaurant. I was surprised to find quite a few tables available and there were 8 of us. So glad we went there as it was really enjoyable. Our meals were fresh with beautiful flavours. I had the Wok seared 5 spice cape grimm sirloin with hoi sin, ginger, baby corn, mushroom + capsicum, it was so nice. The service was friendly and efficient. We’ll be back!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Lots of cafes in this area so they have to be good. This one ticks that box.
Nice variety on the menu and the coffee is really good.
They've managed to provide a relaxed atmosphere with enough room between the tables that you aren't on top of each other and can move around quite easily.
Service was pleasant and quite fast. Prices were quite good as well.
All in all an above average experience.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

My husband and I breakfasted there on Saturday morning. I had the Bircher Muesli and it was superb. It was probably a little on the too large size and I couldn’t get through it all, but it is highly recommended. My husband had the mince with eggs which too, were very tasty – a hint of cumin - Mexican flavour? Coffees too were good. Our only negative – parking in the area is a nightmare! We had to park about five blocks away. I know this is not the restaurant’s fault, but it will detract from us visiting the area during peak times in the future. Our breakfast was enjoyable.