“Tasty, Spicy, Not at all creamy, Internet Menu out-of-date”

Taj Bengal Indian Restaurant
Get food delivered
Ranked #1,011 of 4,793 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Read the reviews, expecting special Indian. Was quite OK, but not excellent or special. Tasty, Fresh ingredients, filled take-away containers. Had Butter Chicken - tasty, fresh, large portion, not creamy like I like, not buttery like i prefer, quite spicy, strong flavour. Had Vege korma, fresh but somewhat disappointed, very nutty, tasted quite strong of peanuts, heavy meal, was OK, but i found myself avoiding eating it, I was hoping to taste spices, but tasted nuts. Had Paneer Butter Masala, was a large serve, quite tasty, a bit too much capsicum and onion, but probably my favorite of the 3 dishes I ordered. Heaps of rice served with Curries, which was gluggy and not much flavour, but good size. Order Was ready and waiting for me when I picked it up, and the lady staff at front desk was very good, professional,and experienced and helpful. I selected my curries from the Internet menu and the price was 10% more expensive when i ordered by phone. Apparently Internet menu is out-of-date. i spoke to the Manager, and he kindly gave me the dishes for the Internet Price. Generous. i would like to order again, and try some different dishes - the menu is extensive and enticing.

Date of visit: December 2013

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I have been eating here for over 8 years.
Mostly takeaway. It's with out a doubt the best Indian I've had in Australia
Every dish has a different base and are full of flavours. They use very traditional ingredients. Sagwala a must try!

Date of visit: December 2013
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I've had more curries than most people have had hot dinners... wait, that doesn't work. I've had a lot of curries in my time. This is among the best and certainly the best I have had in my hometown, Brisbane.

Made fresh, this authentic Indian restaurant does a great job at replicating the charm of a good old fashioned Indian meal. We shared about 5 different curries between us, we also sampled the naan and samosas, all of which were delicious.

This restaurant was recommended to us from another person who agrees this is the best Indian food in Brisbane.

Their Ceylon curry was a personal favourite (available in lamb or chicken).

Date of visit: August 2013
1  Thank Ben T
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

We have been going to the Taj Bengal Indian restaurant for many years now - mostly for take away but occasionally we dine in. It has been consistently outstanding in the quality of the food served. There are heaps of vegetarian options and all of them taste fantastic. My sons favorite is the paneer butter Marsala, my partners favorite is the mushroom and pea and I like them all!

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We have gone to Taj Benjal for the past few years and it continues to offer one of the best meat curries in Brisbane. We travel from Northside of Brisbane to Ashgrove especially for these curries, and have introduced many of our friends to this excellent restaurant. The curries taste authentic, the flavour is through the meat and the spices are real. My husband recommends the Beef Vingaloo hot for a good hot curry experience to bring out a bit of a sweat. I prefer the lamb Rogan Josh, Saagwala or Madras medium - all very tasty and tender. And the butter chicken mild is always good for those who like it mild. Friends have had the prawn curry and enjoyed that thoroughly too. All in all, a nice casual restaurant evening out that is very reasonably priced for an enjoyable meal.

Date of visit: May 2013