“Excellent”

2B Thai Restaurant
Ranked #747 of 5,214 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

This great little restaurant is located in New Farm. The meals we ordered were some of the most tasty Thai dishes we've ever had. The Penang Curry was to die for!

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Lunchtime menus here average around $11 and you don't need to order drinks as chilled water is served free of charge.

The food is tasty and fresh, though quantities are not huge. We had pad Thai, green chicken curry with bamboo shoots and mixed vegetables with rice. All were just a tad too sweet for our taste, but freshly prepared, tasty and not much chilli. Service was fine and parking is available in the vicinity. Value for money is good but the protein servings (chicken and prawn) are quite small.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 11 January 2017

Most regular trip adviser reviewers probably wish there were half marks. I would like to give 2B Thai 3 1/2 as it was that little bit above a good average.
Genuinely friendly helpful service.
Lovely crunch of chopped water chestnuts and silky light wrappers raised the steamed dim sims to delicious.
Slightly stale prawn crackers and an otherwise good vegetable fried rice was drowned on soy sauce.
We have tried 2B Thai twice in the last month and both times it was excellent service
and good food with some let downs.

Date of visit: January 2017
2  Thank Dojii
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Lovely food and lovely staff. This is a great BYO restaurant. The food is really good and the staff are lovely and attentive. The tom yum soup is one of my favourites. Prices are good too.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 27 November 2016

My friend and I were both in the mood for some Thai food. We checked out this place for the first time. For entree, we shared some spring rolls. They were served promptly, piping hot. though they were a little bland. But to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of spring rolls.

For mains, my friend ordered the chicken yellow curry with coconut rice (mild). She was very happy with her meal. I ordered the chicken Penang curry, also mild with steamed rice. I should have stopped myself when it said 'sweet'. As it was extremely sweet. Other than being too sweet, it was quite tasty. The service was a little slow and I had to go up and initially I remind the staff we were waiting for service. That said, for a Thursday night the place was fairly busy, which is generally a good sign. Once we did get service, they staff were friendly.

Overall, an average Thai meal. But, for about $20 each, we couldn't complain.

Date of visit: November 2016