1,124 results
All reviewsgreat locationcity hallaccor membervalet parkingqueen street mallrooftop poola bit tiredcentral locationenjoyable stayacross the roadbed was comfortablethe executive loungebusiness tripsouth bankthe riverallureconcierge
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I stayed here with my family in June 2018.

The hotel is well placed next to King George St, only a hundred metres from Queen St. It is also near City Hall with the cool Museum of Brisbane.

Lobby service was ok, although it is confusing when you walk to the hotel as it says Pullman on the outside.

Rooms are a little dated and could do with a makeover, and they are quite small. Although it's nothing too get too worried about.

Pool was closed for renovation and gym was small but adequate. For the price we stayed it was ok value.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Daniel_Pullman, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Hi tomwatson84,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Safe travels and best wishes.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Excellent value for money in great location. Staff were fantastic. Room was quite average and we had scaffolding outside the window which was depressing. However, for our purpose of stay this did not worry us.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Hi jplant87,

Thank you for your kind words, I'll be sure to pass them along to the team.

Safe travels and best wishes.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Arrived in Brisbane all excited for our Commonwealth Games adventure and our first day/night on April the 3rd at the Mercure almost nearly ruined the excitement.
Upon checking in, the French rude no manners no front office customer service receptionist issued us with our room keys and as she noticed we had been fully paid up proceeds to give us a shoebox of a room for the four of us to stay in for our 10 night stay. When I am about to walk off says "Oh by the way, one of your windows is fully covered by construction, is that ok" is that a joke?? Ofcourse the shoebox with the four of us for 10 nights and one window being covered by construction/scaffolding IS most definitely NOT ok. We went up saw the room and the lack of lighting coming through so we requested another room. The other room that we were assigned had both keys not working after two visits to the reception desk AND after the four of us have entered the lifts with suitcases and exited, I was starting to get really annoyed by now as we'd landed close to 2 hours prior and still were not settled in. The reception staff especially the French one were standoffish and condescending, there was no 4 and a half star care factor. We finally got to a room only to be met with the following - Two towels for the four of us ?? No Clock Radio, No TV Remote, No WiFi, Fan in Bathroom not working, Stains on the Pillowcases, Pool under construction (one of the reasons we booked there was for the pool) no one felt the need to let us know of this major ommission?? After ringing reception to request a tv remote, we had one sent up within an hour, no urgency whatsover to then realise that the tv was not working properly and pixellating. By now my family and I have had enough of this pathetic place and some of their staff and want out. I rang to speak to a duty manager who was a lovely man and if only some of the other staff had his manner. Our stay for the Games was just beginning, we were not going to stay one more night after such a horrid 24hrs. I have since had contact from a staff telling me that they were sorry but needless to say I do not believe their apology and how they will seek to tackle all these issues. We moved to the Brisbane Skytower for the remainder of our holiday and they were fantastic, if you're ever in Brisbane that is the place to stay, staff are fantastic and attentive and rooms/apartments are 5+ stars.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by the 4+ star rating, definitely NOT worth it
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Hi Malstar48,

Please allow me to begin by apologising. I'm sincerely sorry for the whole litany of issues you experienced.

Please know that I am taking all of them seriously and will be both following up wit the team and retraining in quite a few areas.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Brisbane and also down the the Commonwealth games.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Daniel_Pullman, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Room was ok, but... room safe had a flat battery, needed to call to get this fixed. It should have been checked when preparing the room. Then the TV didn't work - at all. It was late and we had dressed for bed so calling for it to be fixed wasn't practicable - so no TV. Had late check in the next day - reception had not coded the key for this so we were locked out of our room and wasted time returning to reception to get this fixed. Not impressed.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JBP45

Hi JBP45,

It sounds like we missed the mark on a few different fronts here; I'm sincerely sorry.

Please know that I have shared this with our teams and taken action to ensure its not repeated.

Thank you for your feedback and making the choice to stay with us.