1,137 results
All reviews great location city hall accor member valet parking queen street mall rooftop pool a bit tired central location enjoyable stay across the road bed was comfortable the executive lounge business trip south bank the river allure concierge
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Just to be clear this is a review for the Mercure and not the Pullman as though they share the same reception they are obviously two very different Hotels.

Wanted to charge me for Wifi even though I am an Accors member, didn't feel this was worth the argument with the rather pompous reception person.

The pool was under renovation, which sucked. Small gym with a nice view.

Had diner at the Hotel, sadly over priced meals with only average taste and flavor. Plenty of layers and textures, but the bill superseded it all. Would never go back and the by the glass wine list was extremely disappointing.

Saying all this I have still given the Hotel stay 3 stars as it is in a great location. And though very small, still has an upmarket feel to the premises and the rooms were clean and the staff met all our other minor requests in a very professional manner.

You get what you pay for just don't have diner there.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Alex B, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Dear Parges,

Thank you for your review. I am really sorry to hear that your dining experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Rest assured, our Director of Food and Beverage will certainly take your feedback on board. I do hope our nice rooms and professional staff ensure we see you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We had a great stay, nice and close to everything, staff were great, awesome breakfast, highly recommended. Not much parking room out the front when they're busy, we had to park on the footpath. we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Alex B, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear dcog2017,

Thank you for the great recommendation. It's wonderful to hear that you had a fantastic stay during the Rugby League World Cup! We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Pros (1) good location - from Central Station 5 minutes on foot. (2) high floor - nice views (3) Welcome chocolate plata - not big but artistic design (4) complimentary water in guest room (5) guest room size - good. (5) Buffet breakfast is OK, routine, nothing special.
Cons (1) While I was staying at the hotel, some kind of refurbishment was going on. Terrible noise in the morning + Pool was closing. (2) Some Bar facilities need to be improved.

Room Tip: Definitely high floor rooms have better views.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Marcus567,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient city location and found the size of your room to be great, however I also understand your disappointment regarding our current renovations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I do hope the positive aspects of your stay ensure we see you back in the future - it would be wonderful to show you our newly renovated spaces, once they are completed.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Stayed at this hotel for a conference. It is centrally located but bit more expensive. Lifts were awful and taken long time. Went don stairs few time. Staff at the counter were good. Had to pay 10$ for wifi which is incredible given this day and age (mind boggling)Free wifi available in the street. Average hotel charging too much for what they provide.

Room Tip: view of church was good
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Alex B, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Brisbane King George Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear sisira28,

Thank you for your review. I'm really sorry to hear about the issue you encountered with our lifts; please rest assured, we are currently taking action to address this matter. I also appreciate your honesty regarding the cost of Wi-Fi and I wish to advise that we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi for all Le Club members, and it's free to become one! If this interests you, please let us know on your next stay. We hope to see you back in the future.