Stayed at [--] (Villa Boheme) for 3 nights in a bottom floor apartment. The room was gorgeous with a good layout, cute bedsheets, full kitchen, bathroom with laundry and a large outdoor private courtyard area which I found very accommodating.
The room had everything you would expect in a self contained serviced apartment, though ensure you bring your own shampoo/conditioner, body wash, hair dryer and laundry powder as these items are not included. Internet is Wifi hotspot access only charged to your credit card. The TV had a few good cable channels including Fox8 and a movie channel as well as several sports channels.
The service, however, I found unsatisfying. When I first arrived at the hotel to check in, there was nobody at the desk, only a note with a name and number to call. When I reached the hotel manager and told him my name, he simply told me to go behind the counter myself and take the key to let myself in. During my 3 nights there I was never once asked for identification.
The reception was generally unhelpful. Even during the opening hours there was never anybody there, and you had to ring a bell or run around trying to find a cleaner to get any questions answered. I asked for a hairdryer several times and was told it would be left in my room, but I never received one.
Overall the room is great, the location is fantastic next to the Park Rd strip of cafes and close to the city and Brisbane River, so if you don't mind keeping to yourself and you don't require much help from reception then go for it!
(Also note that during the night, due to proximity to train lines, you can hear the train go past every hour or so. If you are sleeping next to the window this can be very irritating to light sleepers.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a 5-minute walk from the Brisbane River, Milton Motel Apartments offers free Wi-Fi and an outdoor pool. All apartments feature a balcony/ patio and a kitchenette with a stove. Some offer city views. Milton Apartments is a 3-minute walk from the restaurants of Park Road and a 5-minute walk from XXXX Ale House and Suncorp Stadium. It is a 5-minute drive from Brisbane city centre. All air-conditioned apartments feature a lounge with a flat-screen TV with cable channels and a DVD player. They offer a washing machine, ironing facilities and outdoor furniture. The kitchenette also has a microwave and a fridge. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Milton Motel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milton Motel Apartments Hotel Brisbane
- Milton Motel Apartments Brisbane, Queensland