“Couple getaway that feels like home”

Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport
Ranked #91 of 170 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 8 December 2017

My boyfriend and I always stay in the 2 bedroom apartment rooms here most of the time I come up to visit him. I love the spacious rooms and kitchen, feels very homey. We mainly get the apartments because it comes with a kitchen and we can cook our own food. The only disappointing thing was that we were there for 3 nights and the freezer was not cold enough, so we could not freeze anything. This seems to be the case for all the other rooms we have been in. Other than that, everything was lovely.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Comfort Inn and... N, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Hi Brendayang2426,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoy staying with us. Our apartments are great for that home away from home feel. I do apologize about the freezer I will have maintenance investigate all the freezers to ensure that they are working properly.
My apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and I hope to see you in the near future.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Accomodation was great! Room was spacious, bed comfortable, shower was fantastic and mini bar cheap! Restaurant was real disappointing. Was in the restaurant alone apart for one other couple for 10 minutes, a group of possibly 8 people entered and I was completely ignored for the rest of the evening. To get any attention I had to walk up to the wait staff (as they were walking past my table ignoring me). Food was not cooked properly and staff were not interested in fixing the issues with the meal. Would stay again but definitely NOT go near the restaurant.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Comfort Inn and... N, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Good Afternoon Laura W,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Comfort Inn & Suites Northgate. Firstly I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding your accommodation and room amenities. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the room facilities.
I would like to apologise in regards to your restaurant experience this is not the level of service that I expect to be given in Café Gateway and in most cases we receive positive feedback on experiences in the restaurant so this is very worrisome. I would implore you to reach out to me on info@northgatemotel.com.au so I can get your full story and date of stay so I may investigate this further. When you do come back I hope you to try the restaurant again so we can show you that we do serve quality meals and provide quality service. Again my apologies for failing to meet these expectations this time around.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Two-night stay while in transit from Scotland to New Zealand. We arrived very late at night and had no problem getting our room key from the safe and getting settled in. The room was well equipped and comfortable. We arranged for one of our cases to be collected from the motel by a friend since we were returning to Brisbane after the NZ trip. The staff were very helpful in this matter. Breakfast and evening meals were fine. Only reason for not giving top marks was the pool which was small and only had a couple of chairs beside it. We would definitely use this accommodation again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Comfort Inn and... N, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Hi Ken S,
Thanks so much for your wonderful review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us here at Northgate. I will be sure to pass on your praise to all our staff.
We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again when you are next coming through Brisbane.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Lovely accommodation; affordable, spacious, clean, and off road parking available. Close to the airport and drive is simple; the drive is approximately 10 minutes with low levels of traffic. Really convenient location and accommodation or a high standard.

Room Tip: Request a room near the carpark if you have large amounts of luggage, or are juggling children.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Comfort Inn and... N, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
We value your feedback and will share it with our team.
Your positive compliments are very much appreciated and will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive great reviews.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Brisbane.
Kind Regards
Linda Parsons

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

The website is misleading regarding the room amenities. Spa bath that doesn't exist, balcony that isn't there. The shower was the smallest I have ever seen. The pool was disgusting.
Overpriced rubbish

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya C
Comfort Inn and... N, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Northgate Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Hi TanyaC
You and your attitude were well remembered at the front desk on check in.
Often advertising, photos and content are out of our control on third party websites. They grasp their information from different locations which we have no control over. We can only 100% vouch for our own website content.

We did apologise for the misrepresentation on another parties website and also gave you both a complimentary shuttle to the airport which did nothing to improve your rudeness. You were also emailed another apology and explanation and offered a complimentary upgrade when next you visit Brisbane.
We wish you well on your future travels.

Kind Regards