All reviewsapartment facedeasy walk to southbanksouth bankwould stay againstovecolesshampoo
Reviewed 20 July 2009

I would have to disagree with the last review as we stay in unit 20 and it was very pleasant there. There are photos on the web site of the other rooms in the tour page the second lot of pictures. The staff were ever so friendly and helpfull. The room was very clean and had everything you need for your stay. The units can be a bit noisy but you are on a busy intersection. It is in a great location right across from the gabba cricket grounds and about 2kms from the CBD. Southbank is about a 10-15min walk down Vulture Street.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2009

I booked a 2 bedroom apartment for my parents and myself to stay in for a family event in Brisbane. I knew it wasn't in such a great area, but didn't bother me as we were hardly going to be in the room, and the road goes straight onto the Story Bridge, so good / easy access to city. I had looked at the photos on the website, and the rooms look like spacious, modern, bright and airy apartments. How wrong they were!!! Room 21 that we had was dark, tiny, had a disgusting smell to it, a plastic lounge that my 80 year old father couldn't sit on, a tiny kitchen - not even a rubbish bin in it!! a tiny TV no bigger than the size of my laptop screen, the 2 single bed bases were all rippped and torn. And they call themselves 4 stars? I think not......
Apparently there are 2 sections to this complex, a 4 star section and a 4 star deluxe. However the room we stayed in was a 3 star motel room at best. And no photos on the website, or especially on the 'virtual tour' of the 2 bedroom apartment on their website actually looked like the room we were given. I dont understnad how businesses can falsely advertise like this.
A very disappointing stay, and needless to say would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank familyofthree1977
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We stayed in Brisbane at the Kangaroo Point Apartments and loved it. It's a bit noisy, but there is double doors and windows to block the noise. There is people saying terrible things about the noise on here but its really not that bad, and if you don't like the sound of traffic, then don't stay on Main St, Brisbane, where K.P apartments is! Simple! There is a McDonalds and KFC accross the road, and Subway not far down the road. It's also accross the road from Gabba Cricket Grounds. Overall, i give this a 4/5. We had a terriffic stay and I would reccomend it to anyone, unless you a 100% intolerable towards a bit of traffic noise.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2009

This place is nothing like the internet site shows.It is dark and dingy and so noisy.We booked through the internet,arrived there and 10 minutes later we were outside waiting for a taxi to take us elsewhere,we also lost our deposit but it was well worth it.The location is the pits and it was not at all a very safe place to stay,judging on our very quick walk around and the security chain on the apartment door.We had booked a 4 bedroom apartment,there were 4 adults and 2 kids and only ONE bathroom and toilet,and to top it all off we were on the second floor and there were no lifts,the swimming pool was filthy and the air conditioning was not working

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2008

We stayed for 2 nights after seeing the apartments on the official website - looked luxurious and sounded like it was in a terrific location. The 2 bedroom 4.5 star apartment we stayed in was very clean and well maintained, however the noise level from the street was unbearable. No one got any sleep for 2 nights as it sounded like we were sleeping on the road - there appeared to be little or no insulation against noise. The location of the apartments would only be ideal if going to the GABBA, but otherwise it was in a very industrial feeling location and the area did not feel safe at night to walk around. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)