“Authentic Indian cuisine - wonderful food”
Review of Jatt Flava

Jatt Flava
Ranked #1,346 of 4,951 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 26 July 2016

This is a great place to try out Indian cuisine, particularly north Indian. There is a lot of variety to choose from - the kebabs, mutton rogan josh, vindaloo and butter chicken are definitely a must have. Service is excellent and they always ask the degree of spiciness needed (sweet, mild, hot or extra hot)

Great food - must have if you are in Fortitude valley

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Crazion
Write a reviewReviews (49)

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Very tasty food with great customer service, very nice decoration and location , food was very fresh with reasonable price.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 31 May 2016

Popped in on a Tuesday night as I was staying at the hotel in the same block. Firstly, the woman at the counter was uninterested when I walked in and I had to actually ask her if I could place a take-away order. I ordered a chicken curry and wanted to have a half and half vegetable dish. This was like asking for Martian food. Finally the woman serving me asked the chef and he said no problem,then the owner came marching in and took over and bluntly told me this could not be done as one vegetable dish is over $10. I explained I have no problem paying a few extra dollars for a half & half container, but this was all too hard. He made up a ridiculous story about how the chef will have to try and cook two different small dishes and this is too hard, when we know that the food is already cooked anyway as my whole order was ready within 5 minutes. I went with the solo eggplant.
So, the food itself was very average, far too much sauce that was no where near medium but more like mild. Overcooked eggplant that was a puree, also not medium heat, almost non existent.
This was typical Australian, Indian food and nothing like eating in India. I also ordered a roti, SHOCK HORROR it was not freshly made but a reheated frozen one.
I would not recommend eating here as there a lot of other great food options in the area.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 11 March 2016

Friendly family style restaurant, quite location, parking easy and close round the back of the complex, Bollywood music videos always playing, open 7 days, never charge surcharges on public holidays, love their vegetarian meals. Very fast and attentive service.

The owner's children are usually found happily eating dinner. Always a comfortable ambience as I eat and watch the Bollywood videos. Lovely Chandelier was what attracted me initially as I walked past and have been here many times over the years. Seems to be popular with the guests staying in the Central Brunswick Apartments. A good standby for hungry locals who like Authentic Indian food.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 16 February 2016

Jatt Flava is conveniently located in Fortitude valley and offers decent north indian cuisine. Though the flavors were not as rich as typical north indian food but still a welcome treat in aussie.
Food is decently priced arnd A$ 15-20/person. Good for 1 time visit during your brisbane stay for decent indian cuisine.

Date of visit: February 2016