“An absolute gem in Nundah”
Review of Simply Duo Cafe

Simply Duo Cafe
Ranked #373 of 4,635 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2015

This small cafe does not only fabulous breaksfasts/ lunch and coffee, the evening Vietamese meals are superb! Tasty, slightly spicy, beautifully presented and great service. One of our favourtite places and we love going back. BYO as well. The menu does vary a little but there is not a single meal that we don't love.

There are newer reviews for Simply Duo Cafe

Reviewed 15 January 2015 via mobile

Visited with my mum and had a wonderful morning tea. Muffin and lemon meringue tart were freshly baked. Service was friendly and coffee very nice. Will return again.

Reviewed 28 December 2014

We were off to see a band at the Prince of Wales Hotel and came across this great restaurant. The food and service were excellent and the cafe is definitely worth a visit - excellent value and great staff. The pork belly was a favorite - will go back for more if in Nundah.

Reviewed 3 December 2014 via mobile

So I just got back from my honeymoon in Vietnam. The first meal I ate out when arriving back in Australia was here.

Amazing! That's all I really need to say but TripAdviser insists on 100 characters or more so I'll elaborate.

This was the best Viet good I've ever had. That includes all the meals I had while away. I savored every bite which is not something I regularly do. I'm more of a scoffer who tastes their meal after. This was amazing. We had the prawns in garlic, lemon grass and coconut cream sauce and the pork belly. I'm not a pork person but this was amazing! The greens were amazing. We will be back and with friends. Yum!

Reviewed 4 November 2014

During the day it's an every day kind of cafe but at night they serve a French Vietnamese menu. The menu is not your typical menu, and it's a real delight deciding what you'll eat. My kids chose the rice paper rolls followed by the chicken pho for one, and the braised prawns for the other. My daughter LOVED the pho. My eggplant curry was hotter than I expected but absolutely delicious. And my husband loved his salmon. Food is fantastic, a pretty good price and it was fine taking our 3 kids along (even though my curry turned out too hot to share with my littlest). And one of the best treats, were the really old fashioned toilets out the back. the 1950s live on in the backyard of the shops at Nundah! Who would've thought it?