“Nice night out in Brisbane CBD-Not!”

Best Western Astor Metropole Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #135 of 167 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Stayed at Best Western Astor Metropole last Saturday night for a night in the city. Spent our wedding night here 15 years ago, it was such a beautiful hotel. Checked in an hour earlier which was nice after driving from Sunshine Coast. Noticed that the floor looked like it hadn't been vacuumed. The mat was dirty as well. The curtains were gaping and I could see that some of the tracks were broken and the sun was coming through. There were no toiletries and the toilet seat was broken. The fridge was rusted. It looked like such a dump compared to when we stayed years ago. Not a pleasant stay. The foyer etc looks lovely but the rooms badly need attention. The only good thing was free wifi.

Room Tip: We won't be back. Try a nicer hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Astor Metropole Hotel & Apartments

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

The rooms in this hotel are in need of updating but they are clean, warm spacious and comfortable. Also, supplied with an excellent TV. I stayed for 5 nights and was very happy there. I had a few meals at the restaurant and thought they were nice and healthy.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2017

When you enter the foyer, you think oh wow..lovely. However, got to our room and the first thing we noticed was a badly cracked window and the toaster oven was missing Only one bath towel so called reception and had another towel sent up. In the meantime we noticed you couldn't close the sliding bathroom door as the top runner was hanging off the door frame. Requested another room. Got to that room, the fridge was turned on at the power point but wasn't cool and there was no control knob in the fridge to adjust it. Called reception, didn't mention the missing control knob but a man arrived with a control knob in his hand for the fridge!! Two chairs on the balcony but no table, no plug for kitchen sink or the hand basin. Bathroom very tired. Climb into bed at about 10.30 that night, my husband jumped out saying the bed was wet. Yes it was. Due to the late hour we didn't want to change our room again but had to double fold a blanket over the bottom sheet to sleep on it. Whilst it was wet, it wasn't smelly. When I lifted the sheet to further investigate there was a long black hair under the sheet which was funny as I had read another review about black hair in the rooms. When we mentioned the issues to reception on checking out, the response was simply "sorry about that". On a better note, the room was spacious and the meal in the restaurant was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2017

This was one of the best stays I've had in Brisbane. The Staff were so friendly and go out of their way to help and make the stay enjoyable. The room was clean and fresh with a comfortable Queen bed. Will be recommending the Hotel to all our friends

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank 64malg
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Because I couldn't stay at my regular hotel for the football last weekend, booking.com recommended I stay here and I was not that impressed. There was a 20min wait at reception to check in. The parking area was not easy to locate, despite the directions from staff. The parking area is one of those 'movable ones' with two levels for cars. I was asked to park at the very bottom of the carpark area, when there was an easier spot for me to get into halfway down. And the parking spot is so tight, I hit the driver side nose of my car getting in. I would not recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Brisbane hotels
0.1 km away
Hotel Urban Brisbane
Hotel Urban Brisbane
#50 of 167 in Brisbane

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Brisbane

Been to Best Western Astor Metropole Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!