“great service - book direct better rate”

Best Western Astor Metropole Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #136 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 13 May 2017

booked 2 rooms for my parents and myself for a hospital visit next door so good location for that. great service and reception guy was very nice. they looked after us- was cheaper to book directly then online. great breakfast see you again.

Room Tip: book direct and not online cheaper
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Astor Metropole Hotel & Apartments

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Lucky enough to get an upper floor room. Nice rooms, even have a washing machine. Decent view of the CBD, central location within walking distance of the park and the river and the metro. Lots of dining nearby. Parking was an issue.

Room Tip: Upper floors offer more room.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank RaceRider
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent motel very close to everything in cbd realy good rooftop pool great bar & restaurant easy parking nice rooms very clean & tidy staff are fantastic always wanting to help you with directions in the city room had microwave toaster kettle coffee tea milk ice as per request would definitely recommend this to any one wanting to & the price was fantasic we booked rooms. They did put us on separate levels but after a 11hour trip our car buddies were probably happy to have the distance between us lol great trip top location.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2017

This is not what I expect from a Best Western. Foyer and dinning area are not air-conditioned. After check in and arriving at the room we found the fridge leaked and the bathroom/toilet door did not close. The fridge was fixed, not the bathroom door. I traveled with a friend, well we just turned the TV louder when we used the bathroom. We arrived on Friday, on Sunday morning, the sower was cold, no warm water. Breakfast was interesting, I believe this hotel caters for Chinese people, don't expect the normal breakfast, I don't even know what some of the food was, there was no labels, they did asked if you wanted bacon and what I got was some lukewarm salty bacon, I think it was microwaved. I didn't bother the next day and coffee was extra cost unless you were happy to mix your powdered coffee with lukewarm water. It was very disappointing. The floors weren't mopped as the repair man's footprint from the first day were still there when we checked out. No way I would stay there again.

Room Tip: don't stay there
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2017

This Best Western has a hotel component and an apartment component to it. I stayed in an apartment room. The room was big with a balcony, however it was a bit dated (as stated in some of the tripadvisor reviews I read before making a booking). When I made the booking, the hotel rooms were the same price as the apartment rooms, so I chose the apartment rooms, as it was more reasonably priced.

The hotel had no free wifi. The room had a kitchenette fully equipped with cooking and kitchenware – great for people that want to prepare meals. It also had a washing machine in the bathroom, which I made good use of.

The toiletries were in dispensers, and the toilet seat seriously needs replacing. At first I thought the toilet seat was extremely dirty, however with a closer look, the plastic was peeling off. This alone made me deduct one star off the overall rating.

Apart from this, the cleaners replaced some towels and not all on some days; then on another day, they did not take the dirty towels away, which reception had to arrange for this to happen. Also, on the first day, I found hair on the bed runner.

Despite this, there is a 24-hour reception, which was good, as I needed to check out really early in the morning. The location is good and the place was quiet. It is located in Spring Hill, just next to Brisbane CBD. As it name suggests, it is up on a hill. I didn’t know this at first, so I had to push my luggage up the hill on the first night after getting off the bus at King George Square. You can also go there from Central Station (where you can catch the AirTrain to and from the Brisbane Airport). However, you will still need to walk up that steep hill.

On the last day I stayed here, I worked out that there was a free Spring Hill loop bus (Bus route 30) that you can catch on Queens Street, then get off at corner Upper Edward Street and Wickham Terrace. It is two minute walk to the hotel/apartment.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Brisbane hotels
0.1 km away
Astor Apartments Brisbane
Astor Apartments Brisbane
#76 of 168 in Brisbane

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Brisbane

Been to Best Western Astor Metropole Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!