3,714 results
All reviews pav bar the river botanical gardens story bridge high tea buffet breakfast junior suite valet parking wedding night beautiful hotel room service large bathroom eagle street pier queen street mall south bank kabuki concierge
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The Place to stay if you want a break from it all, yet want to stay near the heart of the city. With views overlooking the river, and facilities that are quite technologically advanced, the only thing missing with my stay, was more time to fully use all the facilities

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dale J, Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, I am very pleased you had enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your comments are very important for us to improve on areas and service standards where applicable.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stayed in the Stamford Plaza as we wanted to spoil ourselves over the Easter weekend, unfortunately it was a disaster after disaster.

Initially, I called to ask about prices of rooms. The girl on the phone was quite rude to me. I took it as she did not want to work that day as it was a public holiday.

On arrival. There was no parking spots or anyone there to take the car. I ended up having to drop my wife off then drive around the block a few time before my wife called. On finding a spot to park at the hotel, as there wasn’t any valet. I reversed into the free spot. someone THEN came out, assuming to tell me to move the car. My wife spoke with the guy and told them we have valet parking and parking as part of our stay.

I took our bag out and my baby. No assistance was offered with the bags. Normally I would think someone would actually come with us with the bags and show us to our rooms as they do in a lot of better class hotels overseas and down south of the boarder. We made our way to our room by ourselves.

The room was underwhelming small, hot and the bed was so very uncomfortable. The small cot provided was broken and I had to tie a towel around the folding mechanism to stop if from closing on itself. In saying this, the cot was not used and took up a lot of space in the room.

The air conditioning system seemed not to work very well. I set it to 18 degree C, but it felt like the room was in the mid to high 20s.

We went for a walk and came back and decided to order room service. (Now, this is where it were downhill very quickly). We order a junior burger for our child, combination Laksa, beef curry with nan bread and added rice, steamed vegies asked to be made very soft for the little guy. This was approximately $90 ($4 tray charge and 15% surcharge) in total and we order at about 6.00 PM to avoid the dinner rush and to fit in with our little ones sleep time. After a number of calls the room service (5 or 6 time), we received our meals at 6.50PM. We noticed the steamed vegies was hard, the junior burger was not as described on the menu, the curry didn’t come with nan bread. The combination laksa was cold. We called room service again to tell them the issues and they came back and took the food and replacement. One of the dutie manager promised us the food would be ready by 7.40 PM. 7.50 PM rolls around and my wife called up to find out what was happening. By this time our little one was very upset, the wife was fuming. The food turned up at 8.00 PM. 2 hours after we initially ordered. This isn’t acceptable in a normal restaurant, how is acceptable allegedly one of the better hotels in Brisbane?

The next day we had the buffet breakfast, it was fairly average, bacon, eggs, toast, baked beans, sausages.

The only good thing about our stay was on check-out we didn’t have to pay for the room service food the night before.

I felt the staff at the Stamford Plaza did not take us serious, I’m sure if we turned up in our normal business attire things might have been different. But then again, I’m taking my money elsewhere.

Room tip: Small, hot rooms, Bad service, Average food
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback, I am concerned to read your comments regarding a few issues you had endured whilst staying with us. I would certainly like the opportunity to talk through these issues as this is not the type of guest experience we would have wanted you to have.

Please feel free to contact me on 07 3221 1999 and would be happy to discuss your feedback further as it is important for us to improve on areas and service standards where applicable.

We do appreciate your valued comments and thank you once again for your feedback.

Dale John - Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Fantastic weekend over Easter. We stayed with our 10mth old and it was brilliant. Staff were lovely and organised a port cot with no hassle. Everything was great, thanks Stamford Plaza, we will be back!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Great staff. Professional, friendly, courteous, helpful. Lovely rooms - very clean and well appointed. The rooms with the view of the river are sensational. Terrific breakfast buffet, great bars and a great location. Great value.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Perfect set up for a business trip, and comfortable enough for total relaxation. Excellen5 visit, great breakfast - good service - would recommend for both business and pleasure. Location excellent and room had a stunning view.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Dale J, Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, I am very pleased you had enjoyed your recent visit with us. What great feedback, your comments are very important for us to improve on areas and service standards where applicable.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Stamford Plaza Brisbane again soon.