Over 10+ years we have stayed at this hotel on 6 or 7 occasions, most recently over the last 5 days. It is not a luxury hotel but it certainly deserves its four and a half star rating. There is a certain old style elegance to the hotel which is mirrored by the staff whom we have always found to be friendly, helpful and always extremely well presented.
We have always taken a Deluxe King Room with the breakfast and parking packages and when booking on line through the hotel's website have found this to be very good value. These rooms are very well proportioned and furnished (even better after a recent refurb) although the bathrooms are a little small and I would prefer a separate shower rather than a somewhat cramped shower over bath arrangement.
Breakfast we have always found to be excellent and we have also had several most enjoyable dinners in the Walnut Room Restaurant.
Also important to us is its great location - directly opposite the Botanical Gardens and minutes from the Queen St Mall with many great restaurants in the immediate vicinity. Of particular value to us as out-of-towners with a hire car is its easy access to the M3 motorway without the need to battle traffic in an unfamiliar city CBD.
All in all, a great home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal on the Park is conveniently located just a 5 minute stroll away from Brisbane's CBD and popular Queen Street Mall shopping precinct. Facing the Beautiful Botanic Gardens at the green end of the CBD, it gives the feeling of being in a calm oasis. Outside the front door, age-old Moreton Bay fig trees, soaring bamboo and ancient travellers' palms stand sentinel opposite the hotel. Royal on the Park features 153 spacious guest rooms and suites, tailoring amenities and services to both leisure and business travellers! All guests, diners and delegates can enjoy complimentary hi speed wifi with no download limits. The Walnut Restaurant has consistently remained a favourite venue for local visitors and regular hotel diners. Ask about our new a la carte menu featuring fresh local produce from Queensland farmers. For those with fitness in mind, the largest in-ground hotel pool in Brisbane together with spa and top floor gymnasium provide the freedom to relax and unwind or to enjoy an energetic work-out. A kick start to the day is made easy with an invigorating early morning jog around the numerous pathways of the Botanic Gardens. The hotel is well renowned for its in room facilities. Combining digital free to air television, Foxtel and satellite channels from around the world. A wide selection of pay per view blockbuster movies and favourites for adults and children alike. 37 radio stations combining local AM and FM channels with international flavour. This combines for a total of 188 viewing and listening opportunities. Whether you are looking for a conference venue, planning a Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner or perhaps even a Wedding, the hotel has up to 8 elegant function rooms to select from, catering up to 800 cocktail style or 400 banquet style. Guests of Royal on the Park are well placed to enjoy the range of leisure activities in Brisbane. It's just a boardwalk stroll along the water's edge to the Riverside Markets and an abundance of restaurants and al fresco cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Royal On The Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal On The Park Hotel Brisbane
- Royal On The Park Brisbane, Queensland
- Park Royal