“Aladdin The Musical QPAC”

Queensland Performing Arts Centre
Ranked #11 of 315 things to do in Brisbane
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: One of Australia's best construction projects, this centre is home to a performing arts complex, an art gallery, a museum and a number of food outlets for all budgets.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

OMG You have to experience this magic! We Saw Aladdin last night, the best show ever! Simply the best. I have seen shows all over the world, what we saw last night was perfection! From the best set, I mean the best, amazing, gifted creations, to the best costumes with detail that was out of this world and endless wow wow. The performances that were exceptional! This show is pure joy! Flawless excellence in every aspect of the show! I loved every second, thank you for taking us all back in time. The magic is showcased in Aladdin like never seen before! Congratulations, you have all nail it! Pure perfection on stage. Thank you for memories that last for ever, an experience few can repeat! It is refreshing to experience this level of amazing! Aladdin, Thank you for delivering your magic, showcasing this type of excellence is rarely repeated. Amazing show, a must see, an experience that will stay with you, Pure magic!

Date of experience: April 2018
atQPAC, Patron Services Customer Relations Officer at Queensland Performing Arts Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear Patron

Thank you so much for your review of QPAC. We are glad that you enjoyed the performance and your visit to QPAC. We have forwarded your lovely feedback to the Aladdin company management.

All reviews
in 26 reviews
"lyrebird"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I come here often for concerts and productions and whichever theatre it is, I’m always impressed. Situated in Southbank Parklands and right next to a busy transport hub, it’s perfectly placed to have an enjoyable evening out and still get home safe.

The attendants are usually very friendly and there’s always good options by way of food and drink before the show and during intermission.

My wife and I always enjoy coming here and will definitely be back!

Date of experience: March 2018
atQPAC, Patron Services Customer Relations Officer at Queensland Performing Arts Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Patron

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoy your visits to QPAC and we look forward to welcoming you back to QPAC again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This adaptation of Aladdin is a wonderful experience that appeals to a family audience. The cast are all excellent with notable performances by the villains of the story and the Genie who seems to channel the frenetic comedic energies of the late Robin Williams. The crew is commended on the eye-catching sets and costumes (which influence the ticket prices!). People were sitting in our seats when we arrived so well done Lyric theatre staff who sorted out this issue with calm demeanour. (I hope they were still able to see this production though!)

Dear Patron

Thank you for your review of our venue. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the performance and your visit to QPAC. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Never disappointed. Always has exciting shows to see. Great location. Friendly staff. Love going to QPAC.

Date of experience: March 2018
atQPAC, Patron Services Customer Relations Officer at Queensland Performing Arts Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear Patron

Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy to hear that you love visiting us at QPAC. We hope to see you again soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Like all theatres I suppose, you get what you pay for. At a movie theatre, because they are mostly smaller, you can nearly sit anywhere and get good value. At a larger theatre, you need to be more selective. Our seats were given as Xmas presents and we were situated top tier near the back. I have seen reviews stating that there are good views from any seat... I disagree. All you need is someone of my height in front of you and if the constantly move their head from side to side, you do not have a good experience. This was mainly because as you go further to the back, the steeper it is and there are more objects in your way. The closer forward you get on each of the tiers, the less objects. I am 6ft. If I were to go again, I know now which seat I will be sitting in.

Date of experience: February 2018