“Good food and great selection of wine”

Port Office Dining Room
Ranked #28 of 7,200 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: AU$15 - AU$50
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The recently refurbished Port Office Dining Room is open for lunch and dinner, Monday to Saturday from 11.30am till late. The menu showcases a refreshing modern take on Australian gastro-pub food featuring fresh seasonal produce supporting Australian farmers with subtle European and Scottish influences.
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Same as my previous review I found this place wondering around. The staff are very professional (not all overly friendly though). However the waitress I had was great. Another waiter saw that I was by myself and grabbed me some newspapers which I found very thoughtful.
The food was pretty good. Instead of a main I ordered 3 starters. The potatoe and feta croquettes were crispy and the filling had a nice texture but I thought they lacked a bit of flavors. I only eat chips once or twice a year and loved the ones they served. Due to being in different circumstances I wasn't able to try the wines but I am sure it would be worth trying...

Date of visit: September 2016
Paul J, General Manager at Port Office Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Hello lovelife1981

Welcome back to Fix Restaurant :)

Thank you for taking the time to write another wonderful review.

Your comments, feedback and observations have all been noted and appreciated as this assists us a restaurant who are always looking to improve.

Look forward to welcoming you back once again.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

We took friends from overseas. Nathan our waiter was fantastic, friendly, funny and very good conversationalist. Which was great for our overseas friends. The food was absolutely "the best". We would "highly recommend" and will be visiting again very soon.

Hi there

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback :)

Nathan is frequently receiving such glowing reviews so I'm happy Nathan was able to give you and your guests a wonderful dining experience at Fix Restaurant.

I hope that rest of your time with your overseas friends has been great, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

...and the rest of the menu was good too! Wnet there for,drinks and dinner. Ended up sitting at the bar and the bartender Sarah, was extremely good. We had the calamari as an appetizer and shared a chicken entree. Both were very tasty and very well prepared. After a few beers, we ordered the steak and lobster as well as a prawn pizza. Steak and lobster was great and the pizza was exceptional whicb was a bit of a surprise as its not really a "pizza place".

Hello Todd D

Thank you so much for your review.

I was very pleased to hear of your fantastic recent experience with us.

YES! The lobster offer of 1/2 Canadian Lobsters for just $6 has been exceptionally popular! And great choice to team it with one of our award-wining steaks.

Thank you for the feedback on Sarah. I'll be sure to pass this feedback onto her.

I'm not sure if you are aware however we have a custom built wood fired pizza oven which may have contributed to the 'surprisingly good pizza' :)

Thank you again for the glowing review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fix Restaurant.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Nothing that I can think of. The evening started with a warm, friendly and funny welcome from the staff, and that continued throughout the night. The service was always prompt and available without the overbearing presence that can be observed in other restaurants. The food - that is what it is all about after all - all three courses were fantastic - good proportions without being overfilling, delicious and made to order. Half lobsters for $6 - now that was a real treat to boot!

Date of visit: September 2016
Paul J, General Manager at Port Office Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Hello Em K

Thank you for attending Fix! So happy to hear of your fantastic experience after dining with us.

Our September promotion of our 1/2 Canadian Lobsters have already been a hit with our Fix customer and I'm so happy your overall dining experience was a 5 star one!

We certainly strive to deliver a prompt, professional service without the pushy-intrusive service. Very glad to hear you were able to enjoy the service that we aim to provide.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Fix Restaurant.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

This hotel restaurant is next to a rather noisy cocktail bar but despite its slightly shabby decor (the tables are melamine and scratched) the service was friendly and prompt and the food was excellent and reasonably price. The wine list was hit and miss and the dessert selection was good. A standout was the superb slow cooked lamb shoulder which is amongst the best ever tasted. Good value for a mid-range restaurant which delivers where it matters.

Date of visit: August 2016

Hello Karm62

Thank you! I'm glad to hear you were able to sample our slow cooked lamb shoulder! It's definitely a hit with our regular customers :)

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Fix Restaurant.