“Delicious food in a great setting”
Review of The Ship Inn

The Ship Inn
Ranked #263 of 4,632 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: USD 13 - USD 31
Cuisines: Australian, Gastropub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: What was once a rowdy sailor's drinking den has been transformed into a civilised Gastro Pub complete with a separate and impressive function and convention facility catering for up to 200 guests. This iconic South Bank Hotel, constructed in 1864, has developed a reputation as a lamblover's paradise and boasts a classic pub style menu sitting beside our more accomplished dishes. The Ship Inn is proud to have a strong commitment to sustainability. Drop by some time and see for yourself what it is we do.
Reviewed 18 March 2017

We had a table outside where we could watch the world go by. It was a Saturday lunch and we could choose from several tables outside or inside without a reservation. I ordered the pork belly and scallops. The pork belly was cooked to perfection. It fell apart, melted in the mouth and was full of flavour. The scallops were plump, fresh and were mouth-wateringly good. My husband was very happy with his paella which was well seasoned and full of seafood and chicken. For only $10 my daughter had chicken nuggets, chips, salad and two scoops of ice cream which was good value. The food came within a reasonable amount of time, the staff were very friendly and efficient. The food was well priced for the quality of food we received. We have never been disappointed at The Ship Inn and this visit was no exception.

3  Thank Vicki B
There are newer reviews for The Ship Inn

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

We stopped for drinks and an early dinner on the way to Adele at the Gabba. The staff literally laughed at us when we asked for a table as we hadn't booked, and told us to try our luck in the garden bar - there was plenty of room! Not the best welcome!
It was all bar service which was fine and the food came very quickly. However that's all that was good about the food. We all ordered salt and pepper calamari - it was terrible! Anaemic, rubbery and nothing "salt and pepper" about it. The chips were ok ( it's hard to go wrong with chips) but I wouldn't go back here for the food.
Location is its drawcard I'd say.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Sale & pepper calamari was ruberry and no taste. I got 4 pieces for $22 my son orderered lamb soulvaki with calamari and got 2 pieces for $5 rip off. waitress bought the wrong wine what more could have gone wrong! Even the cab driver could not find the address.

1  Thank KITTEN0072014
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Caught up with family here on a business trip, the food, drinks and location was great I highly recommend that if you are looking for great meal at a reasonable price to check this place out

2  Thank Shane T
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We had a very nice dinner here. Staff were very attentive and the food was good quality, I had the porkbelly and scallops, which was very nice. My partner had the lamb belly which she said was very good, but near the end, she felt it was very rich and couldn't finish it. Good selection of beers and wine. All in all, a nice meal in a nice location.

2  Thank David M