“Great food MC location”

Price range: USD 12 - USD 30
Cuisines: Australian, Gastropub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: What was once a rowdy sailor's drinking den has been transformed into a civilised Gastro Pub complete with a separate and impressive function and convention facility catering for up to 200 guests. This iconic South Bank Hotel, constructed in 1864, has developed a reputation as a lamblover's paradise and boasts a classic pub style menu sitting beside our more accomplished dishes. The Ship Inn is proud to have a strong commitment to sustainability. Drop by some time and see for yourself what it is we do.
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Caught up with family here on a business trip, the food, drinks and location was great I highly recommend that if you are looking for great meal at a reasonable price to check this place out

2  Thank Shane T

Reviewed 20 February 2017

We had a very nice dinner here. Staff were very attentive and the food was good quality, I had the porkbelly and scallops, which was very nice. My partner had the lamb belly which she said was very good, but near the end, she felt it was very rich and couldn't finish it. Good selection of beers and wine. All in all, a nice meal in a nice location.

2  Thank David M
Reviewed 19 January 2017

We were running late, but the staff were so helpful we were soon relaxed, enjoying great meals and refreshing drinks. I love how you're always greeted so friendly and politely, invited to choose a seating place and menus, cutlery, drinks and most importantly for a very hot day, chilled bottle of free water and glasses. Lamb in any shape or form of cooking here is just great, but this time I needed something 'lighter', but not a salad! The recommendations, as they've always been, whether for food and/or drink were spot on. The stuffed chicken breast and lamb souvlaki were perfect in taste, presentation, quality and quantity. We even had time for a second drink! And we love the total lack of TVs and Gambling. THANKYOU Ship Inn for helping make yet another lovely day in our beautiful city - we've been eating and drinking with you for 20years and you're so underrated!

2  Thank ThePaulsTours
Reviewed 11 January 2017

We visited the marine museum and a worker there suggested this restaurant. My husband wanted somewhere with air conditioning, and it delivered.

The staff were friendly and efficient. There were three main meal specials for the day ($19 - $22). However, we ordered off the regular menu. I had a mediterranean chicken salad which was excellent. My husband had a steak sandwich, which I'm guessing by his reaction he thought was OK. It was quite awkward to eat.

I haven't eaten anywhere else on south bank so I have nothing in the area to compare it to, but I enjoyed it.

2  Thank ru2cold
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

3 of us needed a break from family Christmas and catch up ,the Ship inn proved the perfect choice. Great service, sensible priced and all in the wonderful location of SouthBank. They have tables inside ( great air con) outside great people watching. I had beef cheeks which were perfect and the crime brûlée was one of the best I ever had.

1  Thank Katy44b