“Consistently excellent quality food, wine, beer and service in a top spot”
Review of The Ship Inn

The Ship Inn
Ranked #222 of 4,724 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: USD 12 - USD 29
Cuisines: Australian, Gastropub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: What was once a rowdy sailor's drinking den has been transformed into a civilised Gastro Pub complete with a separate and impressive function and convention facility catering for up to 200 guests. This iconic South Bank Hotel, constructed in 1864, has developed a reputation as a lamblover's paradise and boasts a classic pub style menu sitting beside our more accomplished dishes. The Ship Inn is proud to have a strong commitment to sustainability. Drop by some time and see for yourself what it is we do.
Reviewed 19 January 2017

We were running late, but the staff were so helpful we were soon relaxed, enjoying great meals and refreshing drinks. I love how you're always greeted so friendly and politely, invited to choose a seating place and menus, cutlery, drinks and most importantly for a very hot day, chilled bottle of free water and glasses. Lamb in any shape or form of cooking here is just great, but this time I needed something 'lighter', but not a salad! The recommendations, as they've always been, whether for food and/or drink were spot on. The stuffed chicken breast and lamb souvlaki were perfect in taste, presentation, quality and quantity. We even had time for a second drink! And we love the total lack of TVs and Gambling. THANKYOU Ship Inn for helping make yet another lovely day in our beautiful city - we've been eating and drinking with you for 20years and you're so underrated!

2  Thank ThePaulsTours

Reviewed 11 January 2017

We visited the marine museum and a worker there suggested this restaurant. My husband wanted somewhere with air conditioning, and it delivered.

The staff were friendly and efficient. There were three main meal specials for the day ($19 - $22). However, we ordered off the regular menu. I had a mediterranean chicken salad which was excellent. My husband had a steak sandwich, which I'm guessing by his reaction he thought was OK. It was quite awkward to eat.

I haven't eaten anywhere else on south bank so I have nothing in the area to compare it to, but I enjoyed it.

2  Thank ru2cold
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

3 of us needed a break from family Christmas and catch up ,the Ship inn proved the perfect choice. Great service, sensible priced and all in the wonderful location of SouthBank. They have tables inside ( great air con) outside great people watching. I had beef cheeks which were perfect and the crime brûlée was one of the best I ever had.

1  Thank Katy44b
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Group of friends decided on the Ship Inn for our annual Xmas catch-up.
Staff were friendly,venue was presentable,menu had something for everyone and the wine list was decent.
Meals were served swiftly everyone seemed satisfied with their choice

1  Thank terahans
Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

Stopped off for a pint (oops make that a schooner) after a long swim at the beach.

Great beer garden and ice cold beer.

1  Thank Wade76