“A great spot and great food”
Review of The Ship Inn

The Ship Inn
Ranked #131 of 5,187 Restaurants in Brisbane
Price range: USD 12 - USD 29
Cuisines: Australian, Gastropub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: What was once a rowdy sailor's drinking den has been transformed into a civilised Gastro Pub complete with a separate and impressive function and convention facility catering for up to 200 guests. This iconic South Bank Hotel, constructed in 1864, has developed a reputation as a lamblover's paradise and boasts a classic pub style menu sitting beside our more accomplished dishes. The Ship Inn is proud to have a strong commitment to sustainability. Drop by some time and see for yourself what it is we do.
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

The smoked pork belly and scallops were delicious. Nicely placed at the southern end of Southbank but with no city view. Irrespective, this historic hotel had a nice feel with a good sized out door dining area. I'll come back.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Upon arrival I sat at a table with my 2 teenage kids, while hubbie went to get some refreshments from the bar.
The waiter/manager arrived at our outdoor table and rather rudely asked will we be eating. It might have been more polite to ask if we wanted to see a menu, not sure why he had attitude.
Anyway, we settled in, it seemed a nice spot and quite inviting outdoor area.
I ordered snapper but was told they were to serving it because it was too dry and are substituting mackerel instead, which I was assured wAs a better fish. Well to cut a long story short it wasn't. It was horrible. I ate the vege that came with the meal which was lovely, but could not eat the fish. Not sure why they would serve this fish, they obviously hadn't tasted it.

1  Thank tubefeed
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have dined at The Ship Inn on numerous occasions and have never had a bad experience. The staff are very friendly and always willing to help. Nice seating out the back under the trees, etc. The food is always very tasting and the chef is happy to make any dietary adjustments. If you have your entertainment book don't forget to bring your voucher along!

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Great service, very friendly and welcoming staff. Food was good and they have a good GF menu too. Best Eton Mess I've ever had!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Had lunch here with a girl friend, sat outside and enjoyed the people watching. Situated in a handy position to Southbank, the Goodwill Bridge and the parklands. We both ordered the lunch rib fillet special. They were cooked to perfection, served with a wonderful peppercorn sauce, amazing chips and a fresh salad. Extensive wine list. Incredible service from two waiters. We regularly meet for lunch, and will certainly return to the Ship Inn. My only disappointment was having to move inside as it get just too cold and windy outside. I highly recommend this place for a relaxed lunch to dinner. They serve food until 2130, so no need to worry about restrictive lunch time hours.