“Good value for lunch”

Ranked #2,062 of 4,783 Restaurants in Brisbane
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2016

My husband and I had lunch at Satay Hut today. It was our first visit as we happened to be walking in Southbank.

I had grilled chicken with satay sauce and rice while my husband had spicy prawn noodle soup. I enjoyed my grilled chicken as it had lots of satay sauce and the portion was generous. The chicken was also char grilled too. My husband said that the soup was too spicy even though the taste was good. The prawns or shrimps were quite small though.

We will be back for more to try other dishes.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

I would not recommend this restaurant at all. So many other places to choose from nearby.

The meals came out at all different times.
My chicken noodle dish was disgusting! It looked like it came out of a can.
The service was really poor, we had to get up to ask for drinks.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

We walked in on a Friday night and ordered the tofu and satays as starters and the curry chicken and nasi lemak with spicy lamb as mains.

All the dishes brought back memories of our time living in Malaysia and eating hawker food. The flavours were spot on. The tofu was crispy on the outside. The meat was tender. The ikan bilis was great!

Absolutely no complaints here. Recommended.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Great choice of food.
Two options for seating. Inside more romantic with sparkling ceiling and booth type seating. Outside more basic with plastic chairs.
We had calamari for entree.
We shared satay chicken, vegemite prawns and coconut rice.
Very pleasant meal with great timing.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Not great. I am spoilt living in Melbourne so our Thai, Malaysian, Vietnamese food is fantastic. My travelling companion lives in the country and has very few opportunities to eat out. She also loves Malaysian food. So although the menu looked dubious to me, we did dine here. Roti Canai, had a gravy dipping sauce instead of the rich thick sauce that usually accompanies this dish. The Mee Goreng had a thick yellow noodle, and almost no vegetables, no egg, no flavour. The dry fish curry was ok but again could have been anything. The waiting staff however were lovely and the place is right on Southbank, but I think they have taken advantage of their location and the not so savvy tourist.